Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mickie, take the route of the Dudleys and get your ass OUT of there. I'm sure in hell this is NOT what she signed up for. Who knows, maybe she's happy to be getting a paycheck and she's happy to get one last run in the WWE, but I don't think she thought she'd be made to look like a complete JOBBER LOSER 5 months after her re-debut.

Dana and Mickie didn't just act like jobbers tonight, they acted like IDIOTS! BABY FACE IDIOTS! They attack Bliss because they're provoked... okay. That's not a big deal, but normally when a face does that they cut to a shot of the face attackers who have a look on their face like "ah crap what did we do". Nope. They stand their not realizing what happened? Even after she has an evil smirk. Then Nia comes down and beats them up. Then for some weird fucking reason they come into the ring and stand behind Nia...don't attack her or do anything...and get squashed again.

Unfortunately for Mickie, it's clear that wrestling fans aren't as smart or knowledged as they think, because she was getting no pops or no reaction from the crowd for a long long time. Which is a shame, because she really was GREAT during her run in the WWE, and it's annyoing that the wrestling fans couldn't give her nostalgia pop for a while.

But with that said, lets go back into blaming the WWE here.
- They start this angle where she feels like the 'womens revolution' was shitting on the women of the past. GREAT! I love that idea. And with that, bliss is the only one who appreciated her. AWESOME! I love that a lot.
- After that initial promo or two...they do NOTHING with it. She could come out and do the whole "you guys never appreciated me"..."what about mickie"... "real wrestling fans cheer their legends". etc etc. Nope. nothing. -
- Mickie vs Becky...a feud that could've been GREAT! Possible 1 v 1 match at wrestlemania (with other people from mickie's era getting invovled, for that mania moment). Nah. They wrestle a few times within a 3 week span. And it's over. She loses. The whole "older generation wasn't appreciated" angle is dropped.
- Bliss loses the title to Naomi.
- Bliss and Mickie, the bond is over within 6 weeks.
- Mickie turns face. Now, if you're doing this, you need to show young fans or fans who don't remember, WHY you're so great. Nope...they don't do any of that. she's a face....never gets mic time...fans lose interest because they don't really know her, care about her.
- she gets traded to raw where Bliss is the only one getting a push..and now is on Dana Brooke level.

Ouch.

I feel bad for her. Mickie! LEAVE! You deserve better.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
It's the golden rule of whatever division Bliss is in. Everyone that opposes her has to look like a complete idiot. Not just lose, but look really......really fucking dumb. The only expection to this rule is if she will soon be leaving the division. Then one....and I mean only one can look good against her.

Mickie was so close to being free, too. So close. Charlotte was on her way. They could have produced a great program......in the ring. Now she's stuck mentoring Dana on how to put her foot on the rope. Sad story.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Mickie could have been a valuable asset to either of the divisions.

They really messed up the La Luchadora gimmick. There should have been two sets of La Luchadora: a heel Emma breaking away from the ridiculous Emmalina character (she could have said Emmalina was drafted to Raw but that Emma was not, and that Emma chose Smackdown to finish business with Becky) and a face Mickie James to even the score. Mickie had no reason to return as Alexa's stooge in exchange for a title shot a 7-time Women's Champion could easily earn. Again another example of how Alexa's booking is myopic and at the expense of the rest of the talent.

Also, Mickie was gone for a long time. 7 years - that's middle school and high school graduations and way more time in the modern digital age. The young WWE demographics around 10 were toddlers the last time Mickie was in the ring. She is the woman who beat Trish Stratus at Wrestlemania 1-on-1 and retired Lita. She should be a big deal. Yet WWE seems to want to ignore that women's wrestling existed before the Stephanie McMahon Women's Revolution.

I would totally bounce if I were Mickie James because she is a non-factor and tarnishing her legacy losing to Alexa Bliss of all people in less than 2 minutes. Kudos to Beth Phoenix for leaving the memories she gave us in a good place.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
After tonight I hoped Mickie would just say fuck it and asks for her release. Teaming with Dana and falling for Bliss's crap? Didn't you spend 2 months with Alexa watching all her dirty tactics? Faces literally lose brain function once they turn face in this company. Why was Dana and Mickie out there anyway? Fucking bizarre. Why was she just standing in the ring with Nia like she thought Nia was on her side only to get beat up again? She really should be back on Smackdown and in the MITB instead of Tamina.

Mickie vs Becky should've been so much bigger. Instead it was the 3rd most important feud for the women. 3 matches in 3 weeks for fuck sake.:frown2:

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
It's the golden rule of whatever division Bliss is in. Everyone that opposes her has to look like a complete idiot. Not just lose, but look really......really fucking dumb. The only expection to this rule is if she will soon be leaving the division. Then one....and I mean only one can look good against her.

Mickie was so close to being free, too. So close. Charlotte was on her way. They could have produced a great program......in the ring. Now she's stuck mentoring Dana on how to put her foot on the rope. Sad story.
Since we're recreating Attitude Era moments, I think Dana Brooke should just cut a promo with her "List of 1004 Holds I Don't Know". She could just plagiarize Jericho's list here and pepper it with even easier moves than a chop or DDT:
https://pastebin.com/SBUYxyi6

Goodness gracious has Dana done anything correctly on the roster besides Nurse Dana?

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,363 Posts
Sadly Mickie James is now feeling the brunt of Raw booking, think about this for one second. Mickie James is a veteran of the game and she should be treated as one.

She had amazing feuds with Trish Stratus, Lita, Beth Phoenix and Michelle McCool. Guess what? She beat all 4 of them for the titles because of her will and strong mind plus her resiliency in the ring. Her skills to go a step higher than her opponents but what does the WWE do? Forgets all of that shit and just books Mickie James shitty from the get go. Being a lackie to Alexa Bliss(who is one of my favorites.), losing her feud to Becky Lynch and last having a random turned face before WM 34.

What happens next? She gets jumped by Nia Jax from behind during the brand shake up and now she is booked like an idiot. It is not that fucking hard to book Mickie James heel or face. It's like WWE does this shit on purpose. Sadly, Mickie James will be here for 2 more years and booked like this.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
So it looks like they won't try to milk any overness that Mickie may have had left. Shame, as I would have liked to see it.
What overness? She has come out to crickets since her return. I know it has to be getting to her. She has consistently gotten some the worst reactions of anyone on the roster. As a long time Mickie fan it is sad to see what little reaction she has gotten . No one gives a crap about her, and the WWE hasn't given people a reason to give a crap.

·
Registered
13,848 Posts
I wasn't too thrilled when I heard she was actually hired back full time, the Asuka match was great but I just knew she would be so misused compared to the current women. They can keep saying she's a veteran but they need to start booking her like one, but then being a veteran doesn't really mean anything. Just look at Natalya & Alicia.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,461 Posts
I feel sorry for Mickie. Hopefully she's being paid well for it. It's a waste of someone who can still perform to a high level.

The Alexa Revolution is the worst period I've ever seen in WWE's women's division. Alexa is booked like the biggest monster heel wrestling has ever seen, while everyone else in her division is treated like a joke. I didn't like the Horsewomen based stuff, but this is even worse. It's terrible on every level.

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
It sucks but that's the stupid WWE for you

Reactions: Rookie of the Year

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts
I could not believe what I saw last night. WWE continues to book their babyfaces as complete morons. It made me think that those two deserve everything they got for coming out there.

Sasha was smart and didn't want anything to do with Alexa, so she walked off. The other two sat there listening to Alexa's pleas and ended up telling her that Nia Jax isn't their problem. So why did you want to come out to ringside if this really wasn't your problem? To watch Alexa get beat up? You could have stayed backstage if you wanted to see that. Then you caused Nia to get disqualified and she's obviously going to be pissed off at you guys. So what do you do next after she pushes you guys around a bit? You foolishly get in, get in the ring with her like nothing happened, watch Alexa escape and get assaulted by her some more? Just terrible that WWE booked that idiocy.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts