Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right my ps3 maybe has a problem.

its a 40 gig that was given to me free years ago when I was an event host.

I am now a games tester working on xbox games , never went to uni and studied graphics or anything, not very clever when it comes to TV's ( else I would of waited and got a 60hz+ on, on second tv because I didnt do my research and want another one )

So my knowledge is okay but I only use my ps3 for blu rays, media and its exclusives. since its much better than the 360 for media and doesnt crash.

So my cousin bought his first ever ps3 yesterday, he has a 1080i small tv and uses hdmi. God of war3 on this tv looks fine, normal everything is clearly HD and shiny and nice.

My ps3, with a 40 inch 1080p but 50hz tv which is maybe three years old. it seems most games are grainy and dont look as nice as they should. I wont count blu rays since they always look grainy to me. but God of war 3 , the text and any edges to anything look horrible.

I purchased a new HDMI cable and no change.

Is this maybe a port fault on my old ps3, or the old hardware suffering in looks.
Because his new machine with a worse tv looks much nicer. And nothing I can do seems to get my ps3 looking good. is getting a bit annoying, I dont want to buy another console i only use for the occasional exclusives

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
right my ps3 maybe has a problem.

its a 40 gig that was given to me free years ago when I was an event host.

I am now a games tester working on xbox games , never went to uni and studied graphics or anything, not very clever when it comes to TV's ( else I would of waited and got a 60hz+ on, on second tv because I didnt do my research and want another one )

So my knowledge is okay but I only use my ps3 for blu rays, media and its exclusives. since its much better than the 360 for media and doesnt crash.

So my cousin bought his first ever ps3 yesterday, he has a 1080i small tv and uses hdmi. God of war3 on this tv looks fine, normal everything is clearly HD and shiny and nice.

My ps3, with a 40 inch 1080p but 50hz tv which is maybe three years old. it seems most games are grainy and dont look as nice as they should. I wont count blu rays since they always look grainy to me. but God of war 3 , the text and any edges to anything look horrible.

I purchased a new HDMI cable and no change.

Is this maybe a port fault on my old ps3, or the old hardware suffering in looks.
Because his new machine with a worse tv looks much nicer. And nothing I can do seems to get my ps3 looking good. is getting a bit annoying, I dont want to buy another console i only use for the occasional exclusives
Have you tried calibrating your TV properly? This could be an issue due to sharpness or contrast or even brightness. To get a proper 100% accurate calibration buy a Blu Ray Disc called Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics.

Also here are some setting to apply o PS3. Under Video Settings Turn Superwhite Off and make sure HDMI Full Color Range is off not on. A lot of people turn it on but all that provides is deep colors and crushed blacks. Crush blacks mean that in areas of black you won't see anything!

I will also PM you this in case you've lost hope and think you'll never get a reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts