Votes: 36 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.5%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should TNA get rid of the deadweight such as Garett Bischoff and bring in REAL talent like Adam Pearce?

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
You can't have a roster of superstars. You need someone that is "solid" that can just do jobs and stay on the low end of the card.

I'm going with no.

P.S Adam Pearce is overrated, boring and old.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can't have a roster of superstars. You need someone that is "solid" that can just do jobs and stay on the low end of the card.

I'm going with no.

P.S Adam Pearce is overrated, boring and old.
I just Pearce as an example...what about Kevin Steen

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yes they should. And sign people like Kevin Steen and Chris Hero.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Would've appreciated the thread title more if the deadweight included Anderson who probably makes a lot more than bischoff and is still trash. At least Garrett is fine in his role.

But considering they've been cutting the roster all year and it's very threadbare the answer should really be no.

Highly doubt Steen would ever consider TNA either.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
I just Pearce as an example...what about Kevin Steen
I'm probably the wrong guy to ask, A lot of people would like Steen.

If I had a choice of new guys coming in I'd want former main event level WWE talent coming in because they have name value. John Morrison would be a must sign for me and I'd probably look at improving the X-Division with a few WWE cast away talents

Independent wise, I'd look for people who have potential to be marketable not necessarily "indy names" like Adam Pearce, Chris Hero, Kevin Steen etc.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm probably the wrong guy to ask, A lot of people would like Steen.

If I had a choice of new guys coming in I'd want former main event level WWE talent coming in because they have name value. John Morrison would be a must sign for me and I'd probably look at improving the X-Division with a few WWE cast away talents

Independent wise, I'd look for people who have potential to be marketable not necessarily "indy names" like Adam Pearce, Chris Hero, Kevin Steen etc.
But Hero has wrestled 5 star quality matches all over the world. And Steen is one of the best heels in the industry today. And technically Hero is a WWE cast away talent.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Those 5 star matches across the world didn't stop him from flopping in NXT though. Totally different when you're working TV length matches as opposed to indy or PPV length ones.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
But Hero has wrestled 5 star quality matches all over the world. And Steen is one of the best heels in the industry today. And technically Hero is a WWE cast away talent.
TNA has like 10 guys capable of 5 star quality matches though. And when I say WWE cast off I mean WWE cast off with name value to a casual viewer.

EC3 is so over right now because people are intrigued by his character. TNA needs more people like him, less "great wrestlers"

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Those 5 star matches across the world didn't stop him from flopping in NXT though. Totally different when you're working TV length matches as opposed to indy or PPV length ones.
I don't think you saw any of his matches in NXT. The guy wasn't a flop at all. He has legit MOTYC with Regal.

I think TNA should realize one thing: They are a TV company and presentation means everything. Put your best foot forward and create a brand that is exciting. There are guys in TNA that should stay but there are some that can definitely go as they add NOTHING to the product. I would love to see Bischoff, Wes Brisco, Sam Shaw, and others go. TNA should fire 6 more and bring in:

Brian Cage
D.H. Smith
Teddy Hart
Generation Me
Paul London
Colt Cabana
Chris Hero
John Morrison

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
He had a good-great match with Regal, a man who's one of the best ring workers WWE has even now. Then a good match with Harper and a good one with Cesaro when he first got there. 3 good singles matches in 2 years. When Sami Zayn does better than that in his first few months down there how hasn't he flopped?

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's kinda easy to "flop" or not give a shit when the only thing you're expected to do is throw a couple of elbows and job to nobodies. He wasn't used correctly in NXT. Even then he was recently praised by hunter at recent taping a.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Not used correctly but given a chance to work with Regal which only Ambrose did before him. His tag partner came in and adjusted flawlessly, so have other indy guys. He's no doubt talented but not suited to working TV matches. Hence TNA probably wouldn't work for him. Better suited to a place like New Japan, where he'd probably make more anyway.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not used correctly but given a chance to work with Regal which only Ambrose did before him. His tag partner came in and adjusted flawlessly, so have other indy guys. He's no doubt talented but not suited to working TV matches. Hence TNA probably wouldn't work for him. Better suited to a place like New Japan, where he'd probably make more anyway.
You're absolutely right. But with the lighter workload that TNA has I think that Hero could thrive but that's my opinion

Reactions: Shepard

·
Banned
1,005 Posts
I don't think you saw any of his matches in NXT. The guy wasn't a flop at all. He has legit MOTYC with Regal.

I think TNA should realize one thing: They are a TV company and presentation means everything. Put your best foot forward and create a brand that is exciting. There are guys in TNA that should stay but there are some that can definitely go as they add NOTHING to the product. I would love to see Bischoff, Wes Brisco, Sam Shaw, and others go. TNA should fire 6 more and bring in:

Brian Cage
D.H. Smith
Teddy Hart
Generation Me
Paul London
Colt Cabana
Chris Hero
John Morrison
Most of the guys you listed are all former wwe superstars.

·
Aggressively White
6,292 Posts
TNA has like 10 guys capable of 5 star quality matches though. And when I say WWE cast off I mean WWE cast off with name value to a casual viewer.

EC3 is so over right now because people are intrigued by his character. TNA needs more people like him, less "great wrestlers"
WWE will have trademarked the name 'Kassius Ohno', he'll probably appear as 'Chris Hero' or his real name. I also doubt the casual viewer will watch NXT.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Garrett in the role he has been used as has actually been pretty good. he's been a lower guy in a bigger group, where he seldom even gets used. but people already had this predetermined judgement that he sucked/was going to suck because he was Eric Bischoff's son and because he didn't have a whole lot of experience.
I think his look has improved since being in Aces and Eights, and he has been good enough on the mic.
he is a supporting character on the TV show.
would i miss him if he was gone? no. and I think he could improve in the ring. but he hasn't been terrible for what he's been doing, and I'm guessing he probably doesn't make a whole lot of money.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.