• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, this is from PWI's yearly list...

The qualifications are of those who have not been in the business for two years by December 31, so Wade Barrett and any other NXT competitors not listed are not eligible...

For those who don't know, Conrad Tanner and Jackson Andrews are FCW talent, Corey Hollis is an indy star.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Who are these guys, someone fill me in;

Conrad Tanner
Corey Hollis
Jackson Andrews

I assume naomi and Tamina are the chicks on NXT and WWE.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Fuck PWI. Just had to say that.

Not sure who's been in the business less than two years but is developing quickly though. Jamilia Craft? It's a bit restrictive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not only that, but their article on the SHINGO/Danielson match from DGUSA is stating (in their most recent issue no less) that the match is only ever going to be seen by the 700 people there that night, since it won't be on DVD.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
^Just ignore the match listing on the DGUSA DVD. They had one of the best matches of the year and I can't wait until I actually have someone to talk about the match with other then my brother. I think it's the best match that I've ever seen live.

I believe Otunga is the only one that I actually recall seeing wrestle on the list. Therefore he gets my vote. Sorry to all the other wrestlers who must be significantly more talented...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Ok, we all agree the list sucks...

So who should be rookie of the year?

Only guys i can think that might be elligible is Kyle O Reily, Bravado Bros, Mike Sydal, Andy Ridge, Adam COle??? I'm sure there are a few others in Chikara, PWG too.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I know most of the really good newer independent wrestlers that aren't really known yet have been around 2-3 years already. Still there's gotta be some guys out there better than this and I've never heard of a few of them there but David Otunga is just not a good choice at all for this and Tamina, Naomi are really bad options.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
If this is the best list of rookies possible then it's a pretty damning indictment of the state of the wrestling industry.

STOP PRESS: Here's a good (read: thought-provoking) 'rookie' for you - Dixie Carter. Less than two years as an onscreen character.

STOP PRESS 2: Chelsea is another.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I'm incredibly disappointed that there is no "None of the above" option. Shame on you, PWI... AND OP. :side:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Percy Watson is the best,

The worst is David Otunga.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts