Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the latest episodes of NxT and RAW I noticed all the "WWE has come under attack" promos, what exactly has happened?

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
Linda McMahon is standing for some politics position in Connecticut and her opponents are using WWE against her by saying how bad it is for kids etc. So they're trying to make the WWE fans "stand up for WWE" and tell the world what a great product it is.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Linda McMahon is standing for some politics position in Connecticut and her opponents are using WWE against her by saying how bad it is for kids etc. So they're trying to make the WWE fans "stand up for WWE" and tell the world what a great product it is.
Exactly, people who oppose her are taking incidents that happened in the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression Eras and trying to give the impression that this is what WWE is like, thereby damaging Linda by association. While they are not being strictly honest in their tactics, it is nevertheless true that during this period she was indeed the CEO of the company and did nothing to stop it from happening, instead being perfectly happy to let the money roll in; many of the subsequent changes to WWE have nothing to do with wanting to do the right thing and everything to do with her political ambitions. This is something I always look for come election time, can I see evidense that a candidate has modified the political views publicly in order to appear more electable? If the answer is yes then I do not vote for them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I guessed Linda McMahon's political ambitions were the point of this during the edition of Raw I saw this week. I thought it was an awful segment; loads of WWE stars lining to say what a wonderful place WWE was to work in (presumably, if they'd have refused to take part, we'd be a matter of weeks away from the dreaded 'future endeavours' statement...). Aside from anything, it broke kayfabe as heels did not behave heelishly at all (Miz came up with the same fanboy babble as the faces) - this is a cardinal sin within the context of Raw.

Ultimately, it failed to convince. I love watching WWE, but these attempts to create a sugar-coated version of the truth just do not wash and leave a sour taste in the mouth. Wrestling is a violent form of entertainment in which people get badly hurt, and that's before we get to the question of steroid misuse. You cannot spin that essential truth away with glossy promos.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Yes, the "Stand Up For WWE" campaign is all politics.

And after Tuesday, when Linda McMahon lose the Senate race, we'll never hear about it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts