Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Administrator
59,175 Posts
I had blue, yellow, gold, silver and crystal. Stopped after that. I believe the highest level my pokemon got to without rare candy was level 80? Also had pokemon cards for a short time but never got into it. I was monster at stadium battles on stadium 1 and 2.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Pretty much jizzed myself (even if it probably wasn't physically possible) at the time whenever it was on tv. I remember crying like a motherfucker when that butterfly (Butterfree?) and Ash parted ways. Such a heartbreaking scene.

They also banned that shit over here. Made it twice as fun.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Absolutely everyone was into the good ol' Pokemon cards, I must've been pretty young at the time so I can't really remember it that well but I loved the TV show and I sometimes still play the Pokemon Blue video game on my Gameboy Pocket (not even colour) so yeh that's some awesome nostalgia.

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,772 Posts
Pokemon cards, games, tv show, movies. If it had Pokemon on it, it had to be awesome. I still have my Gameboy Colour as well as Red, Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah i loved Pokemon, i still get hold of the games when theyre out to play a bit, theyre decent RPGs, and i did love the spin off TV show back when i was in school. I remember when i was younger, my mum would always bitch at me for sitting indoors on nice days doing nothing, so id go outside and end up sitting in shadows with mates to play Pokemon yellow haha

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Bulbasaur and Squirle FTW!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,198 Posts
Never played the video games and only watched a few of the TV show (when there was nothing else on). When the fad started to wear down slightly my friend gave me a huge pile of spare cards he'd accumulated. I've still got them but don't know how you play. Football stickers were the way to go tbh. Fair to say, Pokemon passed me by completely and I'm happy for it.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
The games are and were still awesome. Red is probably my favorite video game of all time... well, at least when taking nostalgia into account.

The tv show was pretty awesome as well. The cards were fun to collect as well, although I never knew how to play.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I was a massive fan of it and I'm still quite a big fan to this day. I have the emulators on my laptop and play them from time to time. Back when I was 10-13 it was THE biggest thing around, everybody had the cards, the games and watched the tv shows.

*Side note
We were playing ring of fire yesterday and somebody drew out the categories card and called for Pokemon...it was fun recounting different pokemon with guys who I'd never even met back when it was at it's peak.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
^ Ring of Fire is awesome, love that game.

Yeah, I was the only kid at school who preferred the games to the shitty cards, which are just boring side merch, and as a result the only one who knew that there were 15 types as opposed to the card game's like 7 or 8.

I still play the games, new ones out in March 2011. My social life will be dead for that month.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I avoided the show and the card phenomenoms but the gameboy games did get me for a while.

It's annoying because my knowledge of Pokemon comes from those games and it makes me seem like I was a typical little Pokemon fanboy like everyone else my age was, when infact I never watched the show. Ever.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
At university I had a pisshead group of mates, who amused ourselves by getting obnoxiously getting drunk all the time, being aloof and speaking purely in in-jokes incomprehensible to everyone else.

During our second year, one of us asked this precise question. That lead to a nostalgia chat, which lead to someone downloading a GameBoy emulator and playing Pokemon Red or Blue on their laptop. Which lead to all of us doing it. Which lead to all of us going to the college bar to get pissed, all with our laptops, all playing Pokemon attempting to see who could be the first to defeat the Elite Four. As you can imagine, this behaviour looked extremely cool to everyone else in the college.

I think it was around that time that I stopped getting laid. There may be a connection.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
God I was really into the craze but funnily enough I got out of it earlier than everyone esle I knew.

I had tons of the Cards but had no actual idea how to play the card game lol

The games were awesome and still reamain amongst my favorites today. Hell I've gotten into it mopre as an adult than I was as a kid.

WOW not one mention of Gary oaks girth yet, I'm amazed.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts