Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 minute warning- Rosey Jamal just dont go with Rico in any stretch of the imagination, these guys in the 5 months they existed became glorified jobbers to the Dudleys

X factor-These guys just dont mix at all and they fizzed out before long

Regals Roundtable-What? Why? Who cares?

can't think of any more

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
3 Minute Warning would have been amazing between 2006-2008 if they teamed with Cena.

Always imagined Cena as a heel with Rosey & Jamal as his bodyguards. Woulda been epic.

Back on topic - Regals Round Table was a bit pointless.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
JBL's cabinet, when it first got together it's purpose should have been to get Orlando Jordan over, he should have ended up turning face and fueding with JBL. It did nothing for him or the Bashams.

The Oddities were cool as well but there was clearly no long term game plan there, it was obviously just a "hey these guys aren't doing anything and they're all ugly as hell, lets run with that", I mean which one could you push? At least the J.O.B squad ended in a Holly/Snow fued.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
JBL's cabinet, when it first got together it's purpose should have been to get Orlando Jordan over, he should have ended up turning face and fueding with JBL. It did nothing for him or the Bashams.
Couldn't disagree more, at least with regards to Jordan. I felt the point of the cabinet was to give JBL, a tag-team wrestler who'd managed a couple of Hardcore title reigns, legitimacy in the main-event. The Bashams probably deserved better but this is WWE we're talking about, tag-teams are never treated as they should be.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I wouldn't really call 3-Minute Warning a "faction". They were just a tag team. If you wanna go that route, let's throw in the Body Donnas.

Pointless factions? Hmmm... Los Boricuas?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Pointless factions? Hmmm... Los Boricuas?
I wouldn't say the Boricuas were necessarily "pointless." They existed for the same reason as the other thirteen dozen stables in late 90's WWF: to feud with the other thirteen dozen stables.

Probably the most genuinely pointless one I can remember is the JOB Squad. Then again, them being pointless was...kind of the point.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The Oddities were cool as well but there was clearly no long term game plan there, it was obviously just a "hey these guys aren't doing anything and they're all ugly as hell, lets run with that", I mean which one could you push? At least the J.O.B squad ended in a Holly/Snow fued.

^ LMFAO !

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Straight Edge Society - Didn't win anything and got nobody over, even Punk went a step backward by the end of it.
Yep, the SES started off well, it had the potential to be somewhat like The Flock in WCW but it turned shit really fast and basically Punk jobbed to Big Show for months.

The Un-Americans were pretty pointless considering they accomplished nothing which is a shame because I liked the wrestlers involved. Kane returned and destroyed them together with Booker T and Goldust.

X-Factor was pointless.

Even though they were involved in one of the main storylines on RAW, the Spirit Squad was kinda pointless because it was a group of talented guys from OVW all repackaged into silly cheerleaders with the purpose of feuding with HBK and HHH and losing. Guys like Mondo and Jeter deserved a better chance to succeed in the WWE. Only Nemeth (Ziggler) really survived, ironically the worst wrestler at that moment out of the team.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts