Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did he face Daniel Bryan? He is not from Dayton, OH; assuming the only reason was to get hometown heat for DB. So why put him in there and not Ziggler or Rhodes or someone else?

What if the ref had screwed up and let Lawler win (seemed possible last night)?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Why did he face Daniel Bryan? He is not from Dayton, OH; assuming the only reason was to get hometown heat for DB. So why put him in there and not Ziggler or Rhodes or someone else?
Might be selling Ziggler and Rhodes as injured after ER.

Idk why Ziggler. I was disappointed he wasn't actually in it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
There were no other faces on the roster.

Ryder's not getting screen time because he's a young guy with actual potential to be a decent superstar. Can't think off the other guys.

·
Registered
574 Posts

Look on the bright side, I thought for sure that Cole was going to screw Lawler over like he did 2 years ago... And renew their feud... :(

But thankfully, it didn't happen.

·
Banned
882 Posts

So you want Ziggler or Rhodes to lose in over two minutes? Nothing says great IC champ for Rhodes like getting squashed the next night on Raw. This is why fans would never make good bookers.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I'd also like to say maybe they're making Lawler heel again? Cole seemed to play face by screaming "NO!" at Big Johnny in the closing segment. Maybe Lawler will turn heel by being angry or something.

ONE CAN HOPE.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
it was obv to make his time better than ortons.without making orton look shit. like hey you beat my time but i was wrestling swagger you had an old man who can barely move...

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Johnny booked it so Bryan would win the challenge.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Its a little carrot the WWE will pull out from time to time. Will Jerry realize his dream and win that elusive WWE Title finally? (Hint, it will never happen)

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Should have put Zack Ryder. He would have served the same purpose and possibly put up a little more fight.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
IMO its better that they took King as it's a lot easier to swallow him losing in 120 seconds than some active wrestler.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
You can diss Lawler all you want but i bet a guy with as much respect for the history of the business as DB was absolutely honoured to be in the ring with him, even for just a few minutes.

It's a shame the current generation of fans only know Lawler as a crappy commentator.

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts

I would have hated to see Rhodes or Ziggler Tap in 2 minutes. Maybe it was just so they didn't damage/bury anybody, should have used Khali though. Casual's would see Bryan as a monster if he made Khali tap in 2 mins even though he (Khali) is booked like a joke (and rightfully so), from my standpoint who gives a fuck about Khali. Either way DB is #1 contender and that is awesome. The product is pretty unpredictable as of late.

Ziggler should have been in it somewhere, probably setting the first time instead of Miz.

EDIT: Maybe Ziggles will move on to Sheamus??

·
Registered
166 Posts

I dont't know where to begin with this, Jerry Lawler over Ziggler/Rhodes what a waste and also the fact Swagger got in a match over those 2 as well - im lost for words!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would have hated to see Rhodes or Ziggler Tap in 2 minutes. Maybe it was just so they didn't damage/bury anybody, should have used Khali though. Casual's would see Bryan as a monster if he made Khali tap in 2 mins even though he (Khali) is booked like a joke (and rightfully so), from my standpoint who gives a fuck about Khali. Either way DB is #1 contender and that is awesome. The product is pretty unpredictable as of late.

Ziggler should have been in it somewhere, probably setting the first time instead of Miz.

EDIT: Maybe Ziggles will move on to Sheamus??

That is a feud I would like to see.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
[/B]

That is a feud I would like to see.
ADR is the #1 contender for a few weeks now. He was just waiting for D-Bry to lose his mandatory rematch.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts