1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found this in my PM inbox, from a brand new member called bobbafenn:
hey

weve tottally relaunched and are in process of rebuilding
weve got a great lookin new site if only a little empty at present but thats nothing that cant be ficxed with a few new and entghusiastic members
so why not pop in and take a look if you like what u see add to favourites cause you will be back

were TOTALLY POP UP FREE and have got a great babes section so why not vote in the babes battle royale and our efed ... the wxwf is relaunching as we speak so if thats your type of thing take a look
itll be good to see you there if you got time

YOU CAN EVEN PROMOTE YOUR BOARD THERE

FIND US @ www.SOME SHITTY FORUM WITH NO MEMBERS.crap
BOBBA
I have changed the URL, he's had enough publicity. A combination of the audacity of it and the fact that he/she is clearly unable to type a simple sentence correctly has irritated me, when today was going so well, too (I won a DVD copy of Raw 10th Anniversary earlier - wooo).

Just needed to get it off my chest. Anyone else had anything like this, or once again am I the *lucky* one?

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
That would be David from the site with no name. I've just spoken to him on MSN and asked him to stop so hopefully no-one else will get any PM's asking to join his site.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
My last PM reads:

THE REAL SEXY BOY:
"STFU! u canadian mother fucker! Osama fucks ur mother every night.Osama rules in my opinion and a stupid warning can't change my opinion! If u wanna ban me then ban me i don't care.RSB don't wanna be in a forum with an assholes moderator like u."

This is the second PM I received after I suspended his signature because of his banner. He's at a western wrestling forum with a banner that has Osama Bin Laden and some other terrorist with "Men Of Honour" written across it... and yes he was from a country with a large number of islamic extremeists. Fkn moron didn't listen after 2 warnings.

·
HAIREH BAWWWWLS
4,558 Posts
*Makes a note never to PM Flash*

Meh, i'll continue pm'ing n00bs...i really don't get why everyone's so pissy about advertising through the PM system. I've recieved pms before with people asking me to join forums, if i'm not interested, i won't bother. No need to make a fuss over something so trivial. All you had to do was press the back button and ignore it.

·
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clicking "back" is one option, but why should I - or, indeed, anybody else - have to put up with it?

You're in danger of making yourself out to be a hypocrite, Kliqster, because the line you're taking suggests that you have absolutely no problem with other forms of spam, be it in threads or in emails or junk mail through the post.

I strongly doubt that you like receiving crap by any of those means, or perhaps you just "press back" and ignore it. Yes, that's best, ignore it and it'll go away. Why should we be forced to tolerate spam? It's unacceptable everywhere else, so why should the Private Messaging system be any different? I'll answer that for you: it shouldn't.

·
HAIREH BAWWWWLS
4,558 Posts
Flash said in post #7 :
Clicking "back" is one option, but why should I - or, indeed, anybody else - have to put up with it?

You're in danger of making yourself out to be a hypocrite, Kliqster, because the line you're taking suggests that you have absolutely no problem with other forms of spam, be it in threads or in emails or junk mail through the post.

I strongly doubt that you like receiving crap by any of those means, or perhaps you just "press back" and ignore it. Yes, that's best, ignore it and it'll go away. Why should we be forced to tolerate spam? It's unacceptable everywhere else, so why should the Private Messaging system be any different? I'll answer that for you: it shouldn't.
For the record, i'm not fussed about spam. It really doesn't bother me if some member goes and makes pointless threads advertising. I'm not a mod here and i'm not going to pretend that i care if someone starts spamming. If i was mod, it would be a different story but i'm not so i don't care. The point about myself being bothered by spam through E-Mail is pretty much unfounded as i recieve hundreds of e-mails from companies i've never even heard of every single day. Does it bother me? Not really.

To be honest, i've advertised through the PM system countless times (and i'll continue to PM new unknown members)...you're point that nobody should have to put up with spam is true but a lot of the people i advertised to actually went ahead and signed up. Some of them have been regular posters for months now. The people that didn't join, just ignored the pm and i've never heard from them (or contacted them) since but i don't see thousands of threads in here complaining about "PM abuse". In fact, the only two i have noticed were made by yourself and i think it's fair to say, you're not the only one who recieves PMs advertising. Don't get me wrong, if i knew that everybody was totally against being pm'ed with links to forums, i wouldn't do it. But the fact that a lot of the people i contacted were more than willing to sign up and help me out is enough encouragement for me to continue doing so. If thats a bannable offence, go ahead and ban me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Maybe he pm you because he thought you were a good poster and not to post spam in your private message inbox. Flash you whine about every little thing on this forum.

·
Ivan Petrov
1,142 Posts
PM advertising happens. So what, it's not PM abuse really. PM abuse is what it is, Abuse via PM. Ain't it?

·
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
snoop_dogg03 said in post #10 :
Maybe he pm you because he thought you were a good poster and not to post spam in your private message inbox. Flash you whine about every little thing on this forum.
You are the future.

B

·
0 Posts
I think Flash is cool, but he does whine too much about things. I'm sorry if I offend you Flash. Will you still be my friend? :(

·
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BabyBoy said in post #18 :
I think Flash is cool, but he does whine too much about things. I'm sorry if I offend you Flash. Will you still be my friend? :(
Oh, of course I will. But to everyone who says I whine/moan, don't you feel a little hypocritical? You're moaning about me moaning, it's a bit of a case of people in glass-houses throwing stones, is it not?

As for you, NDF, I couldn't understand a word of your post barring my name appearing, so I am unable to comment.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts