Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Re: Please stop asking for Austin, Rock, Bryan and Sting to come back for a match at WM32.

Why do Reigns vs Brock again?

When you could do Reigns vs Ambrose

And Brock vs Owens.

Regins got squashed at WM31 he doesn't deserve a rematch.
Because those match combinations are terrible.

If WWE has any sense, they'd keep Ambrose and Reigns away from each other until they're both further elevated, and can be the top feud of the show when they face off. And no one wants to see Brock/Owens. You can tell they'd have next to no chemistry. That match isn't interesting nor does it make any sense. It would just make Owens look like shit which is the opposite of what they should be doing, and it's a waste of Brock who should only be facing the top superstars.

You do Reigns/Brock because it's a much bigger match than any other combination they could pull off if they're doing Cena/Taker, which they really need to do, and it's time for them to actually use Brock to elevate Reigns.

Without part-timers like Rock, Sting, or other returning superstars like Bryan, that's the best match combination WWE has for WM32 with the current roster. They can still do Ambrose/Triple H or Wyatt/Triple H if Orton is back in time to face Ambrose.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Re: Please stop asking for Austin, Rock, Bryan and Sting to come back for a match at WM32.

Please stop asking for Brock vs. Owens to happen. It's never gonna happen!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Because those match combinations are terrible.

If WWE has any sense, they'd keep Ambrose and Reigns away from each other until they're both further elevated, and can be the top feud of the show when they face off. And no one wants to see Brock/Owens. You can tell they'd have next to no chemistry. That match isn't interesting nor does it make any sense. It would just make Owens look like shit which is the opposite of what they should be doing, and it's a waste of Brock who should only be facing the top superstars.

You do Reigns/Brock because it's a much bigger match than any other combination they could pull off if they're doing Cena/Taker, which they really need to do, and it's time for them to actually use Brock to elevate Reigns.

Without part-timers like Rock, Sting, or other returning superstars like Bryan, that's the best match combination WWE has for WM32 with the current roster. They can still do Ambrose/Triple H or Wyatt/Triple H if Orton is back in time to face Ambrose.
Reigns looked like no competition for Brock at WM31.

Maybe do Reigns vs HHH.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Please stop asking for Brock vs. Owens to happen. It's never gonna happen!
It would be alot better than Brock squashing Reigns again like he did at WM31.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

Oh sure, Brock is gonna squash Reigns, who is currently the most strongly booked full-time star on the roster, but KEVIN OWENS is gonna give him a fight. Are we talking about the same Kevin Owens here? The one who runs away from guys like Dean Ambrose?

And there's no way that Reigns vs. Brock II is gonna be a squash. In fact, Reigns is very likely going to win that match.

So easy on the weed, please.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,615 Posts

Well Austin is not wrestling again PERIOD.

I don't even care to see Rock or Sting wrestle.

Bryan has been cleared by his doctors and probably SHOULD be at Wrestlemania, but I can't help but think they would just put him in some shitty lower midcard match so why even bother?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Oh sure, Brock is gonna squash Reigns, who is currently the most strongly booked full-time star on the roster, but KEVIN OWENS is gonna give him a fight. Are we talking about the same Kevin Owens here? The one who runs away from guys like Dean Ambrose?

And there's no way that Reigns vs. Brock II is gonna be a squash. In fact, Reigns is very likely going to win that match.

So easy on the weed, please.
WWE will learn from the sinking ratings that booking a mid car guy like Reigns strongly was a mistake. Now go watch the Main Event of WM31 again and you will realize we Roman doesn't deserve a rematch with Lesnar.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts

Well when WWE did things smarks actually wanted like giving CM Punk or Rollins the belt, they became some of the worst drawing champions in history. Maybe they shouldn't worry too much about the opinions of people who'd take even Dolph fucking Ziggler as the top star of the company.

The ratings are reflective of the current time, but also because of the overall product. Reigns works fine as the top guy. What sucks right now is everything else.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

WWE should simply book Rock vs Brock and it will be enough to fill 100,000 at AT&T Stadium.

If they're concerned about Rock's well being, put The Nose Triple H in the mix and make it a Triple Threat match:
Rock vs Brock vs Triple H

Just like the one they had in 2002 at Global Warning PPV, that sold out 56,734 fans at Colonial Stadium in Australia. Brock wasn't even the BIG THING or BEAST INCARNATE that he is now. Imagine how much that match will draw now, given that Rock is 10x the megastar he was in 2002, Brock is 20x the star he was back then and The Nose is well, the kayfabe COO and Rock's biggest rival.

That way, everyone is happy.
# Rock sells out 100,000 capacity crowd at WM 32
# Triple H gets to main event the biggest PPV of all time
# Brock sends Triple H to suplex city
# Triple H takes most of the bumps
# No dull moments thanks to Triple Threat Action
# Add run-ins from HBK and NAO to help Triple H
# Add run-in from Austin to help Rock
# Rock wins and celebrates with Austin
# Everyone goes home happy

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

The WWE wants 100K and if those guys aren't gonna wrestle then they aren't getting it no matter how much they comp tickets. Not with record low ratings and poor interest.

And sorry but outside of Brock(who hasn't drawn many people in) and Reigns there is no one on the current FT roster that I would pay to see headline in a Mania match. They aren't intriguing enough whether it's their fault or not.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

WWE should simply book Rock vs Brock and it will be enough to fill 100,000 at AT&T Stadium.

If they're concerned about Rock's well being, put The Nose Triple H in the mix and make it a Triple Threat match:
Rock vs Brock vs Triple H

Just like the one they had in 2002 at Global Warning PPV, that sold out 56,734 fans at Colonial Stadium in Australia. Brock wasn't even the BIG THING or BEAST INCARNATE that he is now. Imagine how much that match will draw now, given that Rock is 10x the megastar he was in 2002, Brock is 20x the star he was back then and The Nose is well, the kayfabe COO and Rock's biggest rival.

That way, everyone is happy.
# Rock sells out 100,000 capacity crowd at WM 32
# Triple H gets to main event the biggest PPV of all time
# Brock sends Triple H to suplex city
# Triple H takes most of the bumps
# No dull moments thanks to Triple Threat Action
# Add run-ins from HBK and NAO to help Triple H
# Add run-in from Austin to help Rock
# Rock wins and celebrates with Austin
# Everyone goes home happy
It won't happen.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Brock vs Owens would be fucking awful
Can't be worse than Brock vs Reigns was unless you enjoyed seeing Roman get squashed at WM31. At least Owens would get a few moves in against Lesnar.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

It won't happen.
Triple H is willing to do anything to have the record for the biggest sell out crowd next to his name. He would JUMP at any such opportunity. He knows that merely doing a rehash of Rock vs Triple H rivalry might not be best for business. Put Brock in there and you got a match for the ages. Triple H vs Brock won't work as everyone hated that match at WM 29. Rock vs Brock alone is a big draw, but Triple H WANTS that main event. Hence this suggested triple threat is the best solution

Why won't it happen? Like has been said, if They want 100K...give them a reason to come. Don't see how else they'd fill it without Rock/Austin involved in some capacity.
Exactly

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Triple H is willing to do anything to have the record for the biggest sell out crowd next to his name. He would JUMP at any such opportunity. He knows that merely doing a rehash of Rock vs Triple H rivalry might not be best for business. Put Brock in there and you got a match for the ages. Triple H vs Brock won't work as everyone hated that match at WM 29. Rock vs Brock alone is a big draw, but Triple H WANTS that main event. Hence this suggested triple threat is the best solution

Exactly
The Rock reportedly has an insurance issue with a movie he is scheduled to begin shooting in 2016, and the insurance issue will prevent him from doing any wrestling prior to the shoot of the film in case of injury. It’s possible The Rock will still appear at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas, but not in a wrestling capacity.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/641057-big-backstage-update-on-current-wrestlemania-32-plans-for-top-stars-including-john-cena-the-rock-ronda-rousey-seth-rollins-and-more

·
Registered
3,619 Posts

The Rock needs something special.

HHH is now the owner (sorta) of WWE. Rock is one of the most famous celebrities in the world....yet HHH (the evil bad guy) took the easy way up to inherit a billion dollar empire and supplant even Rock's success/riches (whose not worth 1billion dollars).

HHH vs Rock could be a very interesting dynamic so many years later if they tell the story right. The interactions the two had in the recent 2 years definitely left me wanting more. Big, big *IF*. IF they can tell the story right, then sure this match is fun and special.

Aside from HHH? I don't know. I love Rock, he's the most entertaining guy they have, but you need to make it worth it if he comes back. When he came back and attacked CENA it was awesome because nobody else had ever before talked to Cena that way. They need something comparable. I don't want Rock randmonly facing off against someone else, even Reigns, who as of yet simply is not worth Rock's time.

Austin? Eh, i dunno. Stone Cold/Lesnar, hell Stone Cold/Rock or Stone Cold vs a bunch of names could be amazingly fun. But he's old, it's been a long time, and i doubt it'll happen. So I agree, let's stop dreaming about it.

Sting? As a WWE only fan, whose never really been exposed to Sting before, i have no desire to see him again. He's been mostly boring so far. I understand he's old, and mean no disrespect, but the bottom line is i just have no real interest in him.

Daniel Bryan? Well, is he healthy? I think he is. If he's not healthy, he should retire. Everyone agrees. But if he's healthy? If he's healthy you build WM 32 AROUND this guy. He is the guy EVERYONE wants to see. Put him in the title match with Reigns, or even without Reigns. If they absolutely don't want him in the title match? Fine. Put him in a non-title main-event worthy match. Grudge match with Lesnar, Student vs Teacher against HBK, or something else worthy of his popularity.

·
Banned
10 Posts

I'd love to see Bryan and Rocky have matches at Wrestlemania -- I'm not particularly clamoring for Austin and Sting tho. If they're medically cleared then it should be fair game
mmhhh

21 - 40 of 77 Posts