Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cannot stand listening to him on smackdown the guy has no personality to him at all, he really puts me to sleep. They should replace him with Josh Matthews, him and Cole on NXT are great together add Striker in the mix and they would an awesome 3 man commentating team, just get rid of Grisham.

I heard Vince is unhappy with him and i can understand why a commentator should have personality and entertain you and go back and fourth with his partner and get into arguments once and a while. That's what i like about Matthews he talks back to Cole and they argue that's what a great commentating team should do. They should stick Grisham with something to do on wwe.com cause he's a very bad commentator.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Yeah I don't like him either. He cannot call big moments and he just a really boring tone to his voice. I'd just have him do interviews and nothing more. Striker and Matthews could be a good partnership for SD.

·
The Man
15,260 Posts
Grisham isn't bad exactly, but he's certainly not good. He really doesn't add anything at all to commentary.

Striker though I can't stand half the time, so I'd still take Grisham over him.

·
Premium Member
10,182 Posts
I found Grisham at his very best on the one PPV he was part of the 3-man commentary team: Bragging Rights 09. He was steady and accurate (whereas Cole and King were making mistakes everywhere), and showed some passion as the only Smackdown representative for the commentary. However, in his television coverage, his voice is dull and lacks raw emotion. He lacks the 'it' that Jim Ross has; the ability to make anything sound interesting. He's fine as a backstage interviewer and should remain there.

And I don't think we'll ever forget the immortal "it's..Christian".

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts
Joey Styles, Jim Ross and Josh Mathews are all better than any other play-by-play commentators currently in wrestling.

Take your pick.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Grisham has no personality, no emotion. Replace him with JR, WWE. Or Matthews. or Styles. or Vince. heck, even Punk if that injury rumor turns out to be true.

·
Registered
121 Posts
"It's....it's Christian."

Yeah. I love how he said that in the most uncaring, "I don't give a damn" tone of voice I've ever heard,

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
He's just "meh". Not good but not bad. I prefer it when commentators are former wrestlers and would like to see Regal replace him one day.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I wonder how he would react if he was commentating during Vince McMahon's limo explosion...

"And the limo explodes ladies and gentlemen."

Anyway, i don't mind him, yeah he doesn't sound excited when commentating, but at least he gets the job done.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Grisham is Cole 2,000,000 years in the past. Basically, he's a watered down version of Cole to the 10th degree.

TO

GAINED:1,000+ Charisma, 7+ Years

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I found it hard to believe that Cole has been there since 1997.Yet he has.
As for Grisham,he's just bland imo.Not plain awful,just boring and uncaring enough to glue you to the screen.However being a broadcaster takes years to improve,as Jim Ross himself says.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts