Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please WWE. The WHC is just a joke at this point.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Not happening, nor should it. :lmao if you think people complain now about their favorites not being a world champion or not having a shot at being World champion merge the titles it will get 100X worse.

·
Banned
679 Posts
I hope they do it, and while there at it, merge the brands so we get a better quality product

·
Superduper
5,989 Posts
Not happening, nor should it. :lmao if you think people complain now about their favorites not being a world champion or not having a shot at being World champion merge the titles it will get 100X worse.
That doesn't matter. At least the main championship would actually be the ONLY main championship and it would gain a lot in value and importance.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why should it not happen?

Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Daniel Bryan, hell even Sheamus should not have been world champions yet.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
The WHC title is literally the only thing WWE actually books on Smackdown with some sort of direction (and most of the time it's completely messed up.) If WWE took that away, Smackdown would be completely directionless and they might as well just call it a training league because that's how it would be booked.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Damn, other than misuse of the term buried the "importance" and "prestige" of the world title is about the most overblown thing on these forums. Titles are good things to use to make fueds, matches, and the superatrsa themselves seem more important to fans. I know most people are resistant to change but the title structure of the WWE has totally changed its used to be...

WWE Title - Top title
IC Title - 2nd tier title for uppercard and future top ME guys
European and Tag titles - mid/lower card titles

Now the structure

WWE Title - Still the top title

World Heavyweight Title - New IC belt held by upper card guys that they want to be TOP ME guys, with the occasional top ME guy holding it

IC/US/Tag Titles - mid/lower card titles now.

If you can just look beyond the wording of World Heavyweght Champion you'll see the title structure is pretty similar ot the way its always been.

The WHC title is literally the only thing WWE actually books on Smackdown with some sort of direction (and most of the time it's completely messed up.) If WWE took that away, Smackdown would be completely directionless and they might as well just call it a training league because that's how it would be booked.
This is also a great point (Y)

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,301 Posts
The thing is, between merging and SuperShow format/informal end to Brand Split Era there is literally not one reason to watch Smackdown.

They wouldn't have the top belt, the top storylines, the top returns nothing. All the top draws on Smackdown like Orton, Sheamus, Bryan, and Henry already work all the time on RAW.

It is even further compounded by internet spoilers and streaming sites like Youtube and Dailymotion that have full, commercial-free Smackdowns days before they air.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts