Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what was the point? He's clearly not coming back to wrestle and he's not coming back at all during this angle. So what was the point of having him be ref? they could have just had Maddox be ref or whatnot, because either way a screw job was happening......I like how HBK put Bryan over big on Raw the next night, but still, the heel turn didn't make sense.

·
Premium Member
15,567 Posts
He was there for his buddy. The story would have had nowhere near as big an effect if Maddox was referee. Maybe if it was 2012 Maddox, when he was an unknown but he was obviously against Bryan already going into the match.

Based on his Twitter alone (and more than likely, the WWE Facebook page), there were some who didn't expect Shawn to sell his soul.

Who knows, maybe he comes back in 6 months, makes things right and either helps Bryan win the title or beat HHH.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I don't think it was meant to be a heel turn, HBK was just pissed at DB for attacking his friend Triple H. And DB putting him in the Yes Lock was meant to be his revenge, and the end of that chapter of this storyline.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
He'll come back to serious face pops next time he returns. People have a short-term memory for WWE storylines and in this case HBK wasn't booked as a typical heel anyways.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
Just to tease an HBK/Bryan match so that viewers would tune in to watch Raw the next night. Or something, it was honestly pointless if there isn't going to be a match down the line, IMO.

So fuck Creative for that, honestly.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I feel like if you're an accomplished wrestler, or legend, like HHH and HBK, a heel turn won't hurt them. They could leave right after the feud and come back in a couple of months and everyone would mark out.

·
Registered
678 Posts
HBK is never going to wrestle again.

1) It goes against the rules where he already ended his career in the career match.
2) His injuries
3) He's contented. He's never going to risk it again

He's just back here to help out WWE with the storyline. No one else would work in HIAC based on the storyline.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
And explain the point of keeping him face? So he can pop up every 6 months and tell some stupid jokes? At least this was fresh and gave him something interesting to do while helping out a current wrestler. Its not as if turning him face again would be hard.

Oh and HBK is going to wrestle again one of these Wrestlemanias because he dosnt give a shit about YOUR "perfect ending to his career."

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts

1) It goes against the rules where he already ended his career in the career match.
2) His injuries

He's just back here to help out WWE with the storyline. No one else would work in HIAC based on the storyline.
Not saying he is coming back to wrestle...but...Hmm. What injuries exactly?

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts

2) His injuries

Never heard anything about him having serious injuries being the reason he retired besides his original retirement in 1998. The reason I've heard about him retiring was because he wanted to spend more time with his kids.

and lots of people have matches after loosing a career match. Mick Foley for example. I'm not saying he will have a match with Daniel Bryan as much (Would love to see it) but to him never wrestling again. There's no such thing as never in professional wrestling.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If he was going to stay on screen and join up with Triple H then it would've been fine but just doing that and then disappearing again is a bit strange, I suppose like someone else said it is a test of Bryan's overness as to whether he would get cheered against a legend.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If HBK is done in this storyline for the forseeable future and won't pop up again until Wrestlemania season (and that certainly looks to be the case with Bryan and Punk heading into a feud with the Wyatts), then it doesn't seem like there was much point to it at all. I realize that involving HBK was just a way to get a spike in buys for the HIAC PPV, but you can still do that without having a clusterfucked, overbooked finish with a weak payoff the next night on Raw.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
but still, the heel turn didn't make sense.
The heel turn's point was that no matter how much HBK likes anybody, he is HHH's #1 ace in the hole. No exceptions. They bamboozled us by letting us think that Shawn might have enough affection or paternal pride for Daniel Bryan to be fair.

But nope. Shawn is a HHH guy, first and foremost. It's called characterization.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts