Wrestling Forum banner

Please don't die Joey Janela

1139 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Arktik

Short documentary about Joey Janela's career up to the end of 2016. He talks about his childhood, his start in the business, his infamous roof bump with Zandig, and what's next for his career.

And then here we are.. 2019 and he's about to go up against Jon f'n Moxley.

Video above is well worth a watch to get into the mindset of Janela, his outlook on what he wants to be in pro wrestling and one ridiculously dangerous bump that makes you feel like he genuinely may die in the ring one day.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,680 Posts
That documentary is actually what soured me on Janela. It's how I realized that his reputation precedes him and he's not as charismatic or interesting as he looks.

But his little coffin promo for the Moxley fight was decent. He still has much more flavor than a ton of the guys Moxley fought in the WWE

· Registered
Galaleroy
2,611 Posts
I'm not one to judge, but there seems to be something a bit off about this guy. Mentally he doesn't seem like he's all the way with it. I never could understand how someone could take pride in mistreating someone else. He kind of spoke like him being a terror to his community was a fond memory. Can't really root for someone like that. All that being said, I still hope he doesn't get hurt. Hopefully working with cody they can help him develop his character more and he can rely on stunts a bit less..

· Registered
27,554 Posts
Mmm... i do not like Janela

But funnily enough - the latest Chris van Vliet interview with Jungle Boy of all people, made me come around on him a bit.

I think there might be more to the guy than what we see.

I recommend everybody watch that interview anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.