Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
According to Kotaku - Final Fantasy 7, Jumping Flash, R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms are confirmed so far. Never even heard of Jumping Flash.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Woke up to this news. Kewl. Now if only the other 15 games are good, because so far I'm not interested :p. FF 7 can feck off, Ridge Racer 4 is yawn, Jumping Flash is a weird first person platformer style game and I just don't think first person works for that, Tekken 3 is a fighting game and I just don't care. Wild Arms I've never played and don't know much about, but its a JRPG so I'd certainly give it a go.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Twisted Metal better be included. I'd also like to get Warhawk, Destruction Derby, and Jet Moto.

And let's not forget the best Castlevania game ever, Symphony of the Night.

Reactions: Mugging of Cena

·
Pretty Good
553 Posts
Definitely the potential here with the PS1 library to be the best of these mini consoles. I probably shouldn't get it though given I've only played my NES and SNES mini a handful of times each, but damn if this thing has FF9 on it I won't be able to say no.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
It seems SNK mini console sell well, that's why Sony create similar thing.

Can't wait to play CapCom classic game,my target is Dino Crisis

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
does this actually offer anything new to the old games? remastered for example?

dont see the point otherwise, you could probably buy an actual playstation with the 20 games for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
does this actually offer anything new to the old games? remastered for example?

dont see the point otherwise, you could probably buy an actual playstation with the 20 games for a fraction of the price.
HDMI connection out of the box will make the games look much better on modern tv's than an original PS1. Though you could just play them through a PS3 :p.

As for buying the 20 games for a fraction of the price... depending on what other titles get added, you most likely wouldn't be able to get them cheaper. Physically, anyway. Back to the PS3, the store on there has a buttload of PS1 titles for dirt cheap.

·
Life is Good.
3,924 Posts
Sounds cool, but my interest will of course depend on what the games are.
This a thousand times.

I recall getting very excited when SNES Mini got announced... then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time never made it, which in turn instantly turned into a deal-breaker for me. (Although I eventually cooled down a bit and I still might pick it up anyway.)

But yeah this aspect is still highly important and there are clearly more great games than just 20 when it comes to the PS1 (and PS2) franchise. For this I unfortunately expect a handful of good games not making it.

I'd probably rather have my personal faves on PSN instead over this but then again cannot complain too much about it.

·
Devil's Blood
3,376 Posts
Don't waste your money on this if you still own a PS3. I still got all my old PS1 discs so this is an irrelevant news piece to me.

Save yo money!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I am not that interested as I have no need for another device under my TV when I can get a lot of the games that are going to be on it on other systems I already have.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts