Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why, but this stuff intrigues me, its always cool to see what could of been at one point.

Does anyone have any stories of plans that were booked, but never happened?

Things such as:

HHH winning King of the Ring 1996, Austin/Hogan at WM18, Austin/Lesnar at WM19, The planned rematch between HBK and Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 13

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Warrior vs Taker at (I think) WM8. The prick got his ass fired, had that not happened their may never have been a streak.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
He got suspended during the storyline and lost his mitb too.

He never left though, he got fired(ppl say it's because of orton, yet they have no proof of that, but they heard it from someone who heard it from someone so they believe it because that's what the internet ppls do)

·
Premium Member
14,286 Posts
When Mr McMmahon was killed and there were looking for the person who killed him that was changed and ended up being dropped when the double murder suicide of Chris Benoit happened.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
When Mr McMmahon was killed and there were looking for the person who killed him that was changed and ended up being dropped when the double murder suicide of Chris Benoit happened.
This is the best one for me, had me gripped, obviously I knew he wasn't dead but that could have been a great storyline, they were considering scrapping it before Benoit because Sensational Sherri died, but decided to carry on with it

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
This is the best one for me, had me gripped, obviously I knew he wasn't dead but that could have been a great storyline, they were considering scrapping it before Benoit because Sensational Sherri died, but decided to carry on with it
I disagree to it being a great storyline. I was thrilled it was just "stopped" with no explanation.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I disagree to it being a great storyline. I was thrilled it was just "stopped" with no explanation.
They put a story on the website saying Vince had gotten out of th eLimo as he'd forgotten something/ or had to do something and the limo was driving round to the front of the arena to pick him up from a different exit as it explode.

Or something similar.

·
Proud Cole-Miner !
82 Posts
Kennedy one was a great shout, boy that story fizzled into nothing in the end..

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Austin was supposed to have his final match at Taboo Tuesday 2005...with The Coach (Austin walked out)
Batista was supposed to hold on to the World Title from WM21 till WM22 where he would lose to Orton (Batista was injured)
Orton was still scheduled to win the title at WM22 but had backstage problems supposedly
After the Booker/Batista backstage incident, Batista was rumored to never win another World title (won 5 more)
Batista was suppose to end the streak at WM23 (Batista had backstage heat apparently)
Austin/Hogan at every WM since WM18-WM25
Vince was suppose to be revealed as Stephanie's baby daddy in a storyline that never was shown the green-light (thank God)

There are tons of shit that was "supposed to happen" but never did. Just type "WWE rumors [insert year/event]" and you will get a lot of interesting angles that was "discussed" or "changed at the last minute."

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
They put a story on the website saying Vince had gotten out of th eLimo as he'd forgotten something/ or had to do something and the limo was driving round to the front of the arena to pick him up from a different exit as it explode.

Or something similar.
I don't recall that. I thought Vince revealed it had been a ruse to see if people would really miss him.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I remember hearing once that they where considering turning Ted DeBiase face during the Legacy faction and give him a major push against Orton to help promote the Marine 2. Would have been cool to see how differently things would have turned-out because there was a few points where they teased Cody Rhodes (awesome segment when Orton RKO'd Dusty and the crowd where cheering for Cody) and Ted DeBiase face turns, but ultimately the moment passed and it went the other way.

·
Proud Cole-Miner !
82 Posts
Vince was suppose to be revealed as Stephanie's baby daddy in a storyline that never was shown the green-light (thank God)
Hahahaha, that would've been mental !

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
He got suspended during the storyline and lost his mitb too.

He never left though, he got fired(ppl say it's because of orton, yet they have no proof of that, but they heard it from someone who heard it from someone so they believe it because that's what the internet ppls do)
It's not something that people made up online, it's something that Kennedy himself has said.

There is Bret giving up the WWE title the night after Survivor Series '97 before he was screwed out of the title.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Apparently in late 2002/early 2003 Kane/RVD were supposed to win the World Title, Triple H refused to job. APPARENTLY.
And apparently Kane didn't want to be the World Champion around that time period because he didn't like the pressure. Wasn't there a rumour that Eddie Guerrero was supposed to win the WWE Title again during his heel run? Woulda been epic.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Ken Anderson helping Vince McMahon fake his own death.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Benoit vs Punk would have made a great match. I've a feeling Benoit would have won, added some good prestige to the belt and then dropped it to Punk a few months later.
I don't recall that. I thought Vince revealed it had been a ruse to see if people would really miss him.
This. I've never heard the other idea and I'm pretty sure Vince came out on Raw and said he did it as a plot to see who gave a shit.
I remember hearing once that they where considering turning Ted DeBiase face during the Legacy faction and give him a major push against Orton to help promote the Marine 2. Would have been cool to see how differently things would have turned-out because there was a few points where they teased Cody Rhodes (awesome segment when Orton RKO'd Dusty and the crowd where cheering for Cody) and Ted DeBiase face turns, but ultimately the moment passed and it went the other way.
Yeah I think this got derailed because the fans just straight-up liked Orton more. A great example of the fans influencing the story.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts