Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the nWo dvd Vince Russo said there were plans for the nWo in 2000 that would not have worked without Bret Hart. Does anyone know what the plan was before Bret got injured.

I don't think whatever is was going to work anyway as the nWo as a whole was just ran into the ground at this point. Plus, anything with Jeff Jarrett attached to it is a bad idea anyway.

I'm just curious as to what the plans with Bret Hart was.
----------------------------------------------------------------

My other nWo question is was Shawn Michaels' nWo supposed to end up nWo vs DX?
I know it would've been a shell of itself anyway with Hogan on Smackdown as a face and Scott Hall gone, but what was the overall plan? Right before Kevin got injured and they canned the nWo completely they were starting something with Triple H.

I'm sure it was at least going to be a vehicle to get Shawn back in the ring. Just glancing at the dates and the nWo disbanded July 15th, the next week they launched "DX" with Triple H's heel turn on Shawn and at Summerslam (the next month) Shawn was wrestling.

What was the plan with this incarnation?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
2000-With Bret I think Russo eventually wanted Bret vs Benoit with Benoit winning then he drops it to Jarrett. That way they had two fresh guys in the main event.

2002-I think Vince's plan was to make HHH join the group and make it all Kliq members.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts
All this hate for Jarrett, I marked out for him during 2000 and 2001.
Jarrett 2000 had the same problem Cena has. Nobody to put them over. I didn't watch wcw in 2000 but did JJ get put over by Sting, Bret Hart, Hogan, Nash, Goldberg, Macho Man or any of the stars from the 90s. It's like they just elevated the midcard to main event and expect ppl to give a ****

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
473 Posts
I know that during 2002, the plan was for Nash to fight a face HHH at Summerslam.

As people said, the plans for nWo 2000 were to go for a Bret-Benoit feud.

All this hate for Jarrett, I marked out for him during 2000 and 2001.

Jarrett is pretty mediocre, but at least he could pull off a good match. At least he had work ethic during time where most WCW guys didn't give a sh*t. At least he came to wrestle.

So yeah, Jarrett was fine back there. Not a world champion guy, but they could've used him.

·
Banned
810 Posts
The NWO was just DUMB at that point. NWO featuring Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart, etc. Why? Why not just let them be a new stable, if you insist on having a stable? Throwing a t-shirt on Jeff Jarrett and calling him "NWO" doesn't quite cut it.

Same with 2002 in WWE....Booker T, Shawn Michaels, etc?

If it's not Hogan, Nash, and Hall....with a few side members, then there's no point in doing it.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
Jarrett 2000 had the same problem Cena has. Nobody to put them over. I didn't watch wcw in 2000 but did JJ get put over by Sting, Bret Hart, Hogan, Nash, Goldberg, Macho Man or any of the stars from the 90s. It's like they just elevated the midcard to main event and expect ppl to give a ****

Jarrett went over on Kevin Nash and Sting, that was it.

In terms of other top stars he beat DDP and Flair but those guys are known team players.

As for OP's questions:

1. The plan ALLEGEDLY was for Bret to be World Champion and be defeated by Goldberg thus ending the nWo. They tried the same angle a year prior in 1999 but that also didn't work out. Anyway I imagine it would of been Goldberg beating everybody except Bret and at Great American Bash or something you'd have Goldberg go over on Bret setting up a big feud that if done correctly could of gone on until Starrcade where you could of had an nWo Vs WCW match with WCW winning and Goldberg toppling Bret thus retiring him.

Obviously plans went badly when Nash got hurt in January-February (Early), Hall got drunk (And faked an injury, allegedly) and Scott Steiner got suspended. This lead to the nWo consisting of Jeff Jarrett and The Harris Brothers from Mid February until Early April.

2. I imagine the money angle in 2002 would of been a DX Vs nWo angle with the nWo tossing Shawn out and having Triple H lobbied for by both groups. Triple H obviously stays face and joins up with HBK for a DX Vs nWo match which would of been Triple H and Shawn Vs Kevin Nash and X-Pac I guess. Injuries ruined that one also though.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Jarrett went over on Kevin Nash and Sting, that was it.

In terms of other top stars he beat DDP and Flair but those guys are known team players.

As for OP's questions:

1. The plan ALLEGEDLY was for Bret to be World Champion and be defeated by Goldberg thus ending the nWo. They tried the same angle a year prior in 1999 but that also didn't work out. Anyway I imagine it would of been Goldberg beating everybody except Bret and at Great American Bash or something you'd have Goldberg go over on Bret setting up a big feud that if done correctly could of gone on until Starrcade where you could of had an nWo Vs WCW match with WCW winning and Goldberg toppling Bret thus retiring him.

Obviously plans went badly when Nash got hurt in January-February (Early), Hall got drunk (And faked an injury, allegedly) and Scott Steiner got suspended. This lead to the nWo consisting of Jeff Jarrett and The Harris Brothers from Mid February until Early April.

2. I imagine the money angle in 2002 would of been a DX Vs nWo angle with the nWo tossing Shawn out and having Triple H lobbied for by both groups. Triple H obviously stays face and joins up with HBK for a DX Vs nWo match which would of been Triple H and Shawn Vs Kevin Nash and X-Pac I guess. Injuries ruined that one also though.
i think that might have been the plan. nash said something along the lines the 1999 nwo was setup for goldberg but he injured himself. from what i remember goldberg only screwed up in 00 when he broke his arm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anything Russo was involved with at WCW was garbage. The nWo had only disbanded in 1999, why the hell did he decide to bring them back so early? Also in his book he blamed the nWo for the declining ratings for WCW, yet he decides to bring it back? Hard to believe anything this man says anymore.

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam Intern/Presiden
16,715 Posts
"Michaels, then in the midst of a four-year retirement from pro wrestling, became the first nWo member who had never wrestled in WCW. Michaels and Nash then would set their sights on recruiting Triple H (by using threats and demands) into the nWo, implying that they would re-create on-screen their old backstage group The Kliq. This storyline was never finished, as Nash suffered a torn quadriceps tendon that forced him to miss an extended period of time. Afterwards, the nWo storyline was stopped and the remaining members drifted apart."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_World_Order_(professional_wrestling)

I'll always hate that it never happened.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts
Anything Russo was involved with at WCW was garbage. The nWo had only disbanded in 1999, why the hell did he decide to bring them back so early? Also in his book he blamed the nWo for the declining ratings for WCW, yet he decides to bring it back? Hard to believe anything this man says anymore.
Garbage is a personal opinion. The early stuff he did before wcw went to a committee and 1/2 the main event roster left was pretty good. I can understand the hate for Russo but this guy gets a bad rap.

. Here's a couple of things I learned in my history classes in college, if you keep telling yourself something soon you'll believe it as fact and the victors write history.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts