Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE officials have attempted to get plans finalized for another draft, but have not been successful.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select reports that a planned WWE Draft has changed several times. In addition to the draft, WWE had plans to run live shows with limited fans in attendance in July, which were scrapped in June. Plans for the draft were also scrapped.

Per the report, a draft had been originally slated to take place at the end of August before then delaying it to September and later moved to October. The date for the draft had gone back and forth to the point where there’s no word yet on what the current plan is for a draft.

That includes if it will take place, what brands are involved, or what the format is because plans have changed numerous times.

A source told the media outlet back in June that WWE had informed some broadcast partners of both draft plans and live event plans, the latter of which was nixed completely.

It was added that there are no current plans to end the brand split. As noted, the reason for WWE not being allowed to hold shows with fans in attendance again is due to spikes in cases of COVID-19.
Source: Plans for next WWE Draft have been delayed numerous times | Wrestling News

·
Southern Pride
3,502 Posts
Theirs going to be a draft or "superstar shakeup" at some point before the year is over. No way they go in to 2021 with the rosters still in place. If they choose to stretch out what they are doing now for the rest of the year then even more will tune out. At the very least a few male tag teams need swapped and a few other wrestlers need swapped.

Eventually they will have to stop waiting on crowds to return to do some things. Plus it is looking like the wrestlers that have been sitting out may not be back before next year, judging by the daily new cases still being pretty high in the country.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,593 Posts
With what's going on in the world, times have changed. They should hold back till there is a solution to the epidemic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WWE is looking to do a Draft in October

·
Registered
395 Posts
They need fresh opponents for Drew if he retains vs Orton and also some big names to draw . I am expecting Roman to be drafted to Raw and Seth to SD.

This will create an excellent title program between Roman and Drew which I am looking forward to

·
Registered
829 Posts
Both rosters should be combined and more cuts need to be made. Unify the tag team, womens and mens titles.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
I can see Braun and Drew swapping places. Bryan’s thing seems to be to take guys that Vince isn’t interested in and trying to do something with them. I wouldn’t be surprised if Aleister Black/Zelina Vega/Andrade/Charlotte end up on Smackers as a package. The Miz & Morrison to Raw to lead in to that Miz show. I can see the Roman to Raw thing. I can also see AJ back to Raw now that Heyman is gone. And I’ve always seen Sheamus and Jeff Hardy moving. Got it in my gut that Brock moves to SmackDown too. Samoa Joe for Corey Graves and Carmella. The Usos and Naomi to Raw. I do see The Undisputed Era on the main roster (no clue which show — probably SmackDown) and Keith Lee on Raw. Toni Storm, provided they can get live crowds, to Raw. I can actually see Imperium being called up too — Raw. El Legado del Fantasma to SmackDown. Ready made LHP feud.

Eh, it is what it is. Everything will feel stale again in a few months.

·
Premium Member
17,151 Posts
I hope they make sports-like, again. Have different vignettes leading up to the draft in which the managers are meeting and talking about who to draft, putting people over.

Reactions: Rankles75

·
Baby Yoda
29,803 Posts
They need fresh opponents for Drew if he retains vs Orton and also some big names to draw . I am expecting Roman to be drafted to Raw and Seth to SD.

This will create an excellent title program between Roman and Drew which I am looking forward to
Who knows when Roman is going to come back..

·
Baby Yoda
29,803 Posts
I am sure they know. No why wwe is not in touch with him and also they may draft him without him returning yet.
Yeah, he's coming back when its safe to do so which at this time is uncertain. It could be another year or two for all we know.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Drafts are pointless maybe even more pointless than two shows with separate rosters that still only manage to feature 4 wrestlers prominently and as is often the case it would be the same four wrestlers as if it were one roster. Losing the draft or delaying it is not the least bit important.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I've said for a while now that they need to scrap the Brand Split until the epidemic is under control and fans are allowed to return. The only people who should be brand exclusive at the moment are the Champions. Then once everyone returns ( which I don't see happening this year) you can once again reinstate the brand split.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts