Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am Going to England For the First Time(International Student From South Asia) My university is in Cheltenham.Me and My Friends Are Planning to Go somewhere Beautiful.I searched For many Guidebooks,Websites...So I thought I Might Ask from the people Who live There Themselves.

Ok So UK People What Would Be Your Advise for Us To Visit Top 5 Places During Vacations?We love Coasts,Countrysides,Beaches.

So Far I have Been Impressed By Beaches Of Cornwall And The Scenery Of lake District And Exmoor.

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,772 Posts
Yeah the Lake District is nice, as is the Peak District. Porthcurno beach is beautiful, Watergate Bay in Newquay is the main surf beach. Studland Bay is worth going to as well.

Best countryside by far is up in Scotland though if you are willing to go that far. The Trossachs and Glen Coe are worth going to.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I'd say just don't come. There isn't many good things in England.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Yeah from what I've seen the beaches at Cornwall do seem to be the only half decent beache's in Britain, as for countrysides I've heard good things about the Peak District it's a fair way from Cheltnham but it's also probably the nearest unless you want to go into Wales where there is the Brecon Beacons or Snowdonia

Cities that are maybe worth a visit

1. London (Obviously)
2. York
3. Nottingham
4. Cambridge
5. Edinburgh

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah from what I've seen the beaches at Cornwall do seem to be the only half decent beache's in Britain, as for countrysides I've heard good things about the Peak District it's a fair way from Cheltnham but it's also probably the nearest unless you want to go into Wales where there is the Brecon Beacons or Snowdonia

Cities that are maybe worth a visit

1. London (Obviously)
2. York
3. Nottingham
4. Cambridge
5. Edinburgh
Thanks Man Heard Alot About Blackpool Being the Vegas Of UK..Is It Worth Visiting?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Thanks Man Heard Alot About Blackpool Being the Vegas Of UK..Is It Worth Visiting?
Never been to Blackpool myself and never intend to to be frankly honest in my veiw Blackpool from what i've seen looks kind of tacky and cheap but there are many Brits who love the place and I'm sure there a couple of people on this forum who have been there themselves and maybe loved the place but it's not for me

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
:lmao

It's probably our cheesy version of Vegas, but I would steer clear. Go to London as there's a ton to see and do - Tate Modern, Globe, St Pauls, O2, Eye, Tower, Madam Tussauds, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Covent Garden, Buckingham Palace, Science and Natural History Museums, Wimbledon, Lords, Wembley, Olympic Village, Zoo, Westfields, to name a few, and if you like the countryside/coast go to the Lake District and anywhere up North.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lmao

It's probably our cheesy version of Vegas, but I would steer clear. Go to London as there's a ton to see and do - Tate Modern, Globe, St Pauls, O2, Eye, Tower, Madam Tussauds, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Covent Garden, Buckingham Palace, Science and Natural History Museums, Wimbledon, Lords, Wembley, Olympic Village, Zoo, Westfields, to name a few, and if you like the countryside/coast go to the Lake District and anywhere up North.

This Festival Called "Blackpool Illuminations" Got me thinking it looks alot like vegas..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ok so I am Going to England For the First Time(International Student From South Asia) My university is in Cheltenham.Me and My Friends Are Planning to Go somewhere Beautiful.I searched For many Guidebooks,Websites...So I thought I Might Ask from the people Who live There Themselves.

Ok So UK People What Would Be Your Advise for Us To Visit Top 5 Places During Vacations?We love Coasts,Countrysides,Beaches.

So Far I have Been Impressed By Beaches Of Cornwall And The Scenery Of lake District And Exmoor.
Scotland. As the other poster said, Glen Coe, the Trossachs, the highlands, the hebridies, etc. Scotland has far more spectacular scenery than England. It's just a better place altogether.

We also put on better wrestling.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Don't go to Blackpool, the place is woeful.

If you want to go to somewhere on the coast go to Brighton. Lovely place. As others have said London, Scotland and the Lake District are all great. I'm from Liverpool so I have an obvious bias but you should visit as there's shitloads of history around here.

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,185 Posts
Was in England this past month, and had a pretty awesome time. London. There's TONS to see and do there. Seb mentioned most of it. Lake District is pretty great if it's not raining. Another place I liked is Bath. And avoid Stonehenge, it's kinda pointless.

Edit: Leeds Castle was also quite nice if for nothing else the ambiance alone.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
If your a fan of football then you should definitly go see a Premier League game but that goes without saying, my English Geography isn't great but I believe that Aston Villa will be the nearest Premier League team while your in Cheltnham (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) but if travelling isn't going to be an issue for you then the world is oyester

Maybe you could also see Lincoln Cathedral, they filmed some of the Da Vinci code in there, only problem is though however it's in an area where tourist attraction aren't too common

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
The theme park there is brilliant, other than that there's not much at all. Definitely go sightseeing in London. Really the only times I leave Liverpool is to follow Everton around the country, so all I see in most other places are football stadia.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some Nice suggestions

Our Group will definitely consider Scotland.

Well Ofcourse a visit to old trafford is due I want to See Wayne Rooney In Action.

We have like 20 days so Alot of time on our hands before University starts We might Even Consider Wales.

I would have to say that For A country So Small It Has Alot Of Ancient Sites/Castles.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I've been living in York for the past 3 years at Uni and it's definitely worth a visit, really nice place which a lot to see and do

I'd also recommend Warwick Castle as a day trip, it's not the cheapest day out in the world but it's really interesting

·
Banned
48 Posts
Cornwall Has some of the most Stunning beaches in the world.I dont know why The British need To Go to Maldives,Caribbean

Cornwall's beaches regularly feature in World top 10 beaches

Go to cornwall if you are into Beaches,Coastline.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts