Wrestling Forum banner

Pixar or Disney

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
A stanning today 💋
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both movies are and were consistent with making very good movies for not just children, but for adults as well. These two companies have arguably produced some of the best G-rated movies of all time.

Before Pixar went into the mainstream, Disney was otherwise very dominant in the box office. While most of them were not as big as some of the Pixar films, the majority of them were praised by both fans and critics alike. Films such as The Lion King, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast, among others would make a big impact on American pop culture.

Once Disney began so decline from the so-called "Disney Renaissance", Pixar became to become more popular. But what Pixar seems to have more of an advantage over Disney is that the sequels are better. Such movies such as Up, the Toy Story series, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, among others would be bigger box office hits than the Disney films and would has universal acclaim from fans and critics alike.

Both have amazing films, but which do you like better?? Which do you think has produced the better films??

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Even though Pixar has some amazing films, I don't think you can ever touch the impact the Disney films have made on childhoods around the world. I personally love the Dinsey movies alittle more because many of their themes and settings are more universal. Thats not to say that Pixar doesn't have their own universally touching messages and heart felt moments, its just I feel more people around the world can relate to the old Disney movies because the art style and stories dealt with more old world type of settings and situations that have more of a universal appeal to all types of people. Something like UP for example, while one of my favorites, had divorce references and stuff like that which many people from other countries may not relate to because divorce isn't something that every country practices and is more of a western thing.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Disney movies are timeless classics that will be enjoyed by generations to come, but Pixar gave us Finding Nemo, and for that I suggest we give them a huge blowjob in return. With swallowing.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Beauty And The Beast, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Alice in Wonderland, and Pinocchio are my favorite Disney films. My favorite Pixar films - Ratatouille, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, and Up can't touch 'em as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts

·
A stanning today 💋
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even though Pixar has some amazing films, I don't think you can ever touch the impact the Disney films have made on childhoods around the world. I personally love the Dinsey movies alittle more because many of their themes and settings are more universal. Thats not to say that Pixar doesn't have their own universally touching messages and heart felt moments, its just I feel more people around the world can relate to the old Disney movies because the art style and stories dealt with more old world type of settings and situations that have more of a universal appeal to all types of people. Something like UP for example, while one of my favorites, had divorce references and stuff like that which many people from other countries may not relate to because divorce isn't something that every country practices and is more of a western thing.
This is a good point. Reps for you.

Beauty And The Beast, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Alice in Wonderland, and Pinocchio are my favorite Disney films. My favorite Pixar films - Ratatouille, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, and Up can't touch 'em as far as I'm concerned.
I always found Hunchback of Notre Dome to be pretty underrated. It's a great movie, but it always seems to be in the background compared to others like the Lion King and Pocahontas.

Never really liked Pixar movies.
Don't care for the animation?

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
Disney owns Pixar so every movie Pixar makes is considered a Disney film ;D

But yeah the old disney wins. I think most Pixar movies are top notch but disney movies are true classics and imo better.
I think Disney tried to make CG films when Pixar was independent a couple years ago and failed hard. For CG Pixar is definitely ahead of Disney and is the only studio that should make them. Disney wins with their animated films but Pixar could equal that if they made a good twenty more films with the quality of their other films.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I think Disney tried to make CG films when Pixar was independent a couple years ago and failed hard. For CG Pixar is definitely ahead of Disney and is the only studio that should make them. Disney wins with their animated films but Pixar could equal that if they made a good twenty more films with the quality of their other films.
Yeah, Disney did try to realse a few non-Pixar CG movies. Chicken Little, Call of the Wild

they bombed

I enjoy both but I think that Lion King and Aladdin are better than anything Pixar made

I might just be my age when they came out but I also love Mulan and Tarzan so....

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,605 Posts
(In a jock voice) Disney much like WWF in the 90's had it's Attitude Era if you will...

(kidding)

Anyway Disney fell off after 2000. So I would say Pixar but it's the same company. I say after the Renaissance was over Pixar grabbed the reigns but tell me, where does Dreamworks fit into all this?

They gave us Shrek, The Road to El Dorado, Antz, Wallace and Grommit, Chicken Run and Prince of Egypt.

I'd say it's Disney, Dreamworks then Pixar. Disney wins for their history, Dreamworks has more mature content and Pixar is still pumping out great films each year. Save for a couple...

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Dreamworks did not make Monster's Inc. :confused: That was Pixar. However, I did like Prince of Egypt and El Dorado. Dreamworks doesn't really do much "mature" content these days when it comes to their CG films, unless you count slapstick comedy mature. Pixar's themes are much more sophisticated and mature, IMO.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,605 Posts
Dreamworks did not make Monster's Inc. :confused: That was Pixar. However, I did like Prince of Egypt and El Dorado. Dreamworks doesn't really do much "mature" content these days when it comes to their CG films, unless you count slapstick comedy mature. Pixar's themes are much more sophisticated and mature, IMO.
My bad I had another thing in mind when I was typing and a movie list came out and Monsters made the wrong one....

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
Shrek is massively overrated. I think the Emperor's New Groove is one of the most underrated Disney films of all time

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
I liked the first Shrek too and it was amazing technologically at the time. The sequels though were hardly better and it just got annoying when Shrek 2 or 3 came out and they were the highest grossing animated films of all time when they were far from the best.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,605 Posts
I liked the first Shrek too and it was amazing technologically at the time. The sequels though were hardly better and it just got annoying when Shrek 2 or 3 came out and they were the highest grossing animated films of all time when they were far from the best.
I thought Nemo beat all till Avatar came out?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts