Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,355 Posts
Royal Rumble. I always love the Rumble match, plus there have been plenty of other great matches in its history. When I was a kid, I loved the elmination matches at Survivor Series but they fell off and aren't as good anymore.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Royal Rumble is my favorite PPV.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
Royal Rumble for me. Survivor Series has become really mediocre as of late, and SummerSlam varies upon year. Royal Rumble is always a PPV to look forward to due to the Rumble match. WWE embarks upon the WM season come Royal Rumble, and the match itself is :mark:

·
Stay Fearless
7,384 Posts
Royal Rumble for me.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Yep, i'll go with the Rumble too. Summerslam normally has a great lineup of matches as well, sometimes even better than Wrestlemania but the Rumble always feels special and exciting.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A definite plus of the Golden Era vs Attitude Era and beyond is that there were fewer PPVs, in my opinion.
Having a PPV every month really dilutes the importance, and ends up recycling the same matches. I loved the classic format of Survivor Series, and it was unique in that you'd actually see a lot of clean pins. Everyone has already pointed out why Royal Rumble was terrific.
Just realized after some quick research that King of Ring was abandoned as a PPV, which was a bit shocking as it was another fun concept.

·
Likes wrestling....
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The original Summer Slam was huge but has never been the same.

I would have said Survivor Series a few years back, as I did get tired of seeing the same people win the Rumble over and over and I loved the original concept of the Survivor Series.
The year they had the Survivor's of each match wrestle in a final was really fun. They could come back to this and do something great.

I also looked forward to Survivor Series when it was actually on Thanksgiving. That really gave me something to look forward to that night.

But you guys are right Rumble is the obvious answer, in fact I like it better than Mania.

I guess a better question would have been which of these did you like best: Survivor Series, King of The Ring, or Summer Slam?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It use to be 50/50 survivor series/ rumble. Now with the lack of quality story lines survivor series has lost pretty much all luster for me. Before their were feuds and reasons guys went into these elimination matches. Now it just seems like they look at a few guys who are doing nothing let them beat each other in raw and smack down and now we put them in a survivor series match .

So now it's a clear cut royal rumble for me.
Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Since WWE started with having 3 hours PPVs every month SummerSlam lost it's magic or can you tell me where the difference is between SummerSlam and No Way Out, Payback or Over The Limit?

Survivor Series was once great where you had different pesonalities who teamed up not very often (Survivor Series match Razor/Kid/Bulldog/Headshrinkers vs HBK/Diesel/Owen/Anvil/Jarrett being my favourite), adding a stipulation like WWF vs Alliance, Team Austin vs Team Bischoff, Wild Card match or the Raw SuSe match in 2004 made it even more exciting and special but the last elimination matches were bland and random as fuck.

So I pick the Royal Rumble PPV that is still exciting after so many years no matter how great or how shitty the roster is or the era WWE is currently.
The rumours alone of maybe Hulk Hogan or Goldberg appearing in the Rumble match shows that the PPV is still exciting for a fan no matter how much he's still excited about the product

1 - 20 of 37 Posts