Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
re: Patrick Stewart in talks to return as Captain Jean Luc Picard

I'd take a new Next Generation film over the reboot crap any day

I haven't even watched any of STD because of all the crap I have heard about it and a guest appearance by Picard won't make me watch

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Re: Patrick Stewart in talks to return as Captain Jean Luc Picard

Focusing on the past is why Star Trek doesn’t feel like its reach the heights it had during the 90’s. Enough with the damn reboots. Skip returning old cast members. If anyone hasn’t notice, that’s exactly why Star Wars is starting to lose steam. People want new characters and new adventures. I would like a continuation of the story where DS9 & NG left off. Until that happens, the ST franchise doesn’t interest me.

·
40,681 Posts

Focusing on the past is why Star Trek doesn’t feel like its reach the heights it had during the 90’s. Enough with the damn reboots. Skip returning old cast members. If anyone hasn’t notice, that’s exactly why Star Wars is starting to lose steam. People want new characters and new adventures. I would like a continuation of the story where DS9 & NG left off. Until that happens, the ST franchise doesn’t interest me.
Thoughts on Star Trek: Discovery?

As for Picard, it all simply depends on if whatever story/movie the character is in is good or not.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts

Skip returning old cast members. If anyone hasn’t notice, that’s exactly why Star Wars is starting to lose steam. People want new characters and new adventures.
Nobody cares and it won't draw. I'd rather have a Deep Space Nine movie if Paramount allowed it.

- Vic

·
Registered
2,274 Posts

Thoughts on Star Trek: Discovery?

As for Picard, it all simply depends on if whatever story/movie the character is in is good or not.
I can't speak on Discovery because I didn't watch it. As soon as I heard about what(and when) the story was gonna be focused on I had no interest.

Nobody cares and it won't draw. I'd rather have a Deep Space Nine movie if Paramount allowed it.

- Vic
DS9 was my favorite ST show and I would have loved to see that crew do their thing on the big screen. But the time for a film past years ago and I have no interest in seeing my fav crew return as senior citizens. It's too bad Paramount was content in releasing mediocre after mediocre film with the NG crew. It is what it is.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts

I'd :mark: over a Captain Picard return and so would the rest of you, DON'T LIE NOW

If original Spock can make a return in the new ST movie timeline, certainly Q can send Captain Picard back too

Or something, it's Star Trek. Just tech the tech and there you go!

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

Or and I'm just suggesting it hear, a movie that takes place a century after The Next Generation that has a entirely new cast.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

I'd rather have a Deep Space Nine movie if Paramount allowed it.

- Vic
Now that I can definitely get behind. DS9 is still, and by far, the best Star Trek there is. It would be almost impossible to top their series finale but Sisko's return would be an awesome movie or even limited series.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Give me Picard and a handful of old characters with new characters added in during the post-Dominion war time period and I would be all over that shit. :mark:
BRING BACK SISKO! He's been with the Prophets LONG ENOUGH! I don't care how nonlinear it is!

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,277 Posts

Am I the only one who sees the folly in centering your new show on a 78 year old? Is this CBS or WWE?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts