Wrestling Forum banner

PG, TV-14... why not both?

880 6
I know I know, every internet fanboy wants Attitude back, or a TV-14 product, but WWE seems to want to stick to PG. There are great arguments on why each rating is better business wise, and better product wise. My thought is, why not have them both?

WWE has two shows, Raw and Smackdown. Why not make one show, a bit more edgy, whereas, the other one, more family friendly. That way, we'd get the best of both worlds. Make Smackdown the more family orientated show, and make Raw the edgy show?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, because of consumer products, digital media it would be hard to market both and sell the same at PG and TV-14. Plus it's probably a whole market they want to shoot for, knowing everything WWE is family friendly sports entertainment. I of course want it to go TV-14, but it's not really viable and losing it now when they just gained it would be disaster for how much they put into it.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Wouldn't make sense really. The amount of brand crossovers they do now would not be possible. Better to have the entire product geared towards a common demographic.
This, it'd be fucking impossible to market.
"Tune in on monday night where Randy Orton takes on John Cena in a barbed wire cage match, then tune in this coming friday for Hornswoggle's birthday party!"

Or what if John Cena is doing a curse-filled rap on monday, and then goes to Smackdown on friday and is this totally different dude all of a sudden?

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
Can a mod please be proactive enough to just create a "PG rating discussion" sticky or something?
This. I am getting so sick of people bitching about it being PG. Honestly, besides John Cena's shitty jokes, there really isn't a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.