Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With wrestlers using chairs more often than at the start of the 'PG era' and promos that are starting to mention things that border the PG rating (eg/ John Cena calling Justin Gabriel 'gay', and calling one of the other Nexus members a male stripper or something like that and than CM Punk mentioning the Katie Vick thing plus other things out of the ordinary compared to the other PG shows). Maybe it's just me but it seems that WWE is trying to fade out of this kiddies show that it has been for a while. What is everyone elses opinion?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I don't think PG means what you think it means.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
It does seem like they are pushing the boundaries of what they can do, which is nice. I mean, they made Punk reference Katie Vick for god sakes, knowing that those kids would google it at home and watch a video of Kane fucking a corpse.....

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't think PG means what you think it means.
This. People have gone way over the top with their PG thing. PG stands for Parental Guidance, meaning it is still advisable for parents to watch with their kids because some of the content may offend them.

You can a lot more than people seem to think with a PG rating. PG does not mean you can't do anything edgy whatsoever, it's basically a warning that some of the content may be too much for kids at times but don't worry, it won't get too bad. It just means you won't get anything as sleazy as some of the more midcard angles in the Attitude Era, which is fine with me considering they were anything but good.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
lol no,PG makes WWE more money than the TV-14 era did. They have more sponsers now,and the kids go crazy with the John Cena merchandise. It'd honestly be a mistake to go back to TV-14 at this point,and anyone who thinks PG is ending anytime soon is kind of living in a dream world. PG=More Money.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
This. People have gone way over the top with their PG thing. PG stands for Parental Guidance, meaning it is still advisable for parents to watch with their kids because some of the content may offend them.

You can a lot more than people seem to think with a PG rating. PG does not mean you can't do anything edgy whatsoever, it's basically a warning that some of the content may be too much for kids at times but don't worry, it won't get too bad. It just means you won't get anything as sleazy as some of the more midcard angles in the Attitude Era, which is fine with me considering they were anything but good.
You're right some of the shit they pulled back in the day was terrible. One of the things I do miss is wrestlers being able to use words like damn and shit. It's just more realistic, they're adult men fighting each other for god sakes.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
actually,the only thing I miss about TV-14 was the contract with Playboy >.<

anyway,nope,PG doesn't mean bad booking

PG is only over when a guy with a sadistic gimmick (not Kane-like) comes and starts destroying everything with a metal bar like Hunter with the sledgehammer in the past,and turns WWE back to Hardcore mode

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm surprised their hasn't been a 'PG killed Luna Vachon, Skandor Akbar & Lance Cade' series of threads yet.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
actually,the only thing I miss about TV-14 was the contract with Playboy >.<

anyway,nope,PG doesn't mean bad booking

PG is only over when a guy with a sadistic gimmick (not Kane-like) comes and starts destroying everything with a metal bar like Hunter with the sledgehammer in the past,and turns WWE back to Hardcore mode
yes i want to see Kelly Kelly as Playboy girl

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
lol no,PG makes WWE more money than the TV-14 era did. They have more sponsers now,and the kids go crazy with the John Cena merchandise. It'd honestly be a mistake to go back to TV-14 at this point,and anyone who thinks PG is ending anytime soon is kind of living in a dream world. PG=More Money.
No offense, but the last quarter for WWE was one of their lowest since they took the company Public. Buyrates, merchandise, and ratings have been down for the past year. They have definitely not made more money than the TV-14 Era (WWE had been TV-14 from 1998-2007). If you want proof, there is a financial section on WWE.com. The only thing the PG Era can boast over WWE TV-14 is sponsorships and WWE would be stupid to end that (there are a ton of them now).

·
Registered
220 Posts
No offense, but the last quarter for WWE was one of their lowest since they took the company Public. Buyrates, merchandise, and ratings have been down for the past year. They have definitely not made more money than the TV-14 Era (WWE had been TV-14 from 1998-2007). If you want proof, there is a financial section on WWE.com. The only thing the PG Era can boast over WWE TV-14 is sponsorships and WWE would be stupid to end that (there are a ton of them now).
I used to think as someone said "PG=more money" and thats why I think that this PG era is not ending soon.....anyway I really would like PG era coming to an end because.....it so stupid, did you hear Michael Cole`s comments when The Miz was rejected by team WWE? he was like a stupid little kid "The Miz is our saviour, this is a totally mistake" he was pathetic....besides that I think that The Miz is overated, that guy is good at the mic...but just that, his skull finalle thing is so fake...well anyway.... at least they dont do extremely stupid things as hornswoggle painting the tunnel on the wall or exploding Coachman under the ring.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
In fairness though times have changed. Everyone is tightening their belts, with recessions and what have you. I think you'd find a dip in trade and profits across the board in many an industry or sector.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You can push the PG limit to a point. Does anyone remember that WCW was all PG until about 1999? This is when they were kicking WWE's ass every week in ratings.

WCW put on a very good wrestling show in the limits of a PG rating.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts