Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That match was incredibly awesome; I've heard many on this forum describe it as "hard to believe it took place under the WWE banner."

Dunne is so freaking phenomenal as a kick ass (yet slimy) heel it's scary.

And Bate is awe-inspiring, he's 20 yrs old and works like he's been in the business 15 years.

By far, it had the best crowd involvement of the night, IMO. What did you guys think of these UK studs??

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Re: Pete Dunne. Tyler Bate. What a Match!!!

They're both great. I think Dunne is a great heel with his style and facial expressions.

But Tyler Bate man. The guys is 5'9" but is a amazingly strong. In one match he worked a technical style, did a deadlift German, and a freaking Spiral Tap. It just feels like he is the perfect mix of so many different styles.

·
Registered
991 Posts

Two fantastic talents. Ospreay and Scurll in NJPW and now Bate & Dunne at Takeover - great week for English/UK wrestlers.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts

Never heard of these two guys. Only caught the last two matches. Was it better than the Ladder main event?

·
Registered
991 Posts

Never heard of these two guys. Only caught the last two matches. Was it better than the Ladder main event?
In terms of wrestling? Yes.

Main event was probably better for death defying spots and the drama at the end.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kind of apples to oranges, as one was a stiff, energetic one-on-one that meshed technical, high-flying, and striking and the other was a very good ladder match spotfest with a shock twist afterward, but short answer.....YES!!!! ??

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
29,420 Posts

I think they were fantastic, and indirectly took a BIG shit on the Cruiserweight Division. I give their match 4 and 1/2 stars. THIS is the kind of action I wanted when I begged for it to come back. They really need to take notes and stop putting people to sleep.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,194 Posts

Arguably the best WWE match this year. Both guys are tremendous, and the scary thing is how old they are. Their COMBINED AGE is less than R-Truth's actual age, and they are already this talented.

They should be in the conversation now for the some of the best guaranteed matches if you put them together. I wonder if we'll get a third match of their series, since both are 1-1.

Reactions: Even Flow

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Meltzer even tweeted out something along the lines of "they just need to stop the show now, nobody's following that match" or something.

That match was just.....WOW. Vicious and smooth.

·
Registered
509 Posts

I think they were fantastic, and indirectly took a BIG shit on the Cruiserweight Division. I give their match 4 and 1/2 stars. THIS is the kind of action I wanted when I begged for it to come back. They really need to take notes and stop putting people to sleep.
If HHH booked that division it would be completely different.

All of those guys in the Cruiserweight Division shined last year in the CWC.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts

My favourite match of the year so far. Makes me incredibly happy also that the UK guys tore the house down and showed that us "British Midgets" can do it with the best of them. If they get this UK show right I may even focus on that and take a little break from the main roster at least until AJ's back in the title picture and Braun's back in the ring. Tyler Bate is a freak of nature in how good he is, he can do it all, I love his look and couldn't care less that he's "small" by WWE standards. Pete Dunne has now joined my favourite active wrestler list alongside AJ, Braun, Neville and Gallagher and I can't frickin wait to see how they book his title reign. This match literally made my night and has kept me so pumped that I'm sat here typing this at 4.42am. Awesome.

Reactions: ColeStar

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

This was a fucking AWESOME Match!

It had everything, almost perfect.

·
Daddy's Home
2,943 Posts

Really want to see these guys in NXT full time - especially Dunne. I think Bate will be stuck in the CW, but Dunne has ridiculous upside. Could be a star.

Reactions: zkorejo

·
Registered
6,694 Posts

I honestly dont want either of them on NXT or 205 live or the main roster shows. I'd rather see where the UK show goes with it and let them grow there. On the UK shows they can become the big names, anywhere else they're getting lost in the shuffle behind guys with "the look" and guys with "indy cred."

Reactions: Jay Valero
1 - 20 of 106 Posts