Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first when I heard that TNA was going back to Orlando it had me bummed but as I began to think about it I am really not that bothered.
The obvious reasons would have to be that this allows the company to regroup. It also allows them to save money and possibly hire more talent.
Then I began to think about history. ECW was a company that stayed in one or two venues a lot of the time. No one looks down on them. Then I thought about WCW.
When they became WCW they hit the road as usual and had some trouble. Then what did they do? They went to a primary permanent venue.

The last thing is it allows them to continue which no matter what haters say is a good thing for the Wrestling business.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
TNA should follow the ECW business method to be honest.

Two permanent venues for major shows and House Shows around the country to test out new markets etc. It is good for TNA though, I agree with you.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think they should at least redesign the impact zone. Pack it out some more. It has room for a lot more. If you pack it out more, the louder it is, the better atmosphere it is.

If you have to accept your losses at least give it a shiny new look for when they come back

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
There's nothing great about TNA being a local artist performing for free at the same bar every Thursday.

Yeah, they won't lose any money, but they won't make any real money either. The only way that artist is going to blow up is if they can figure a way to be seen by everyone.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's nothing great about TNA being a local artist performing for free at the same bar every Thursday.

Yeah, they won't lose any money, but they won't make any real money either. The only way that artist is going to blow up is if they can figure a way to be seen by everyone.
This allows them time to regroup save some money. And stay in business. It is clear the full time road schedule didn't work so I rather have some TNA then none. Also artists perform for high amounts at the same venue all the time it's called Vegas.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm interested to see what the new Impact Zone will look like. All reports have said that they aren't going back to the same sound stage that they had previously. It will be a new spot at Universal.
The Impact Zone always had a cardboard set (yes I know it was actually painted wood) so I hope they don't get another one of those cardboard sets.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
This allows them time to regroup save some money. And stay in business. It is clear the full time road schedule didn't work so I rather have some TNA then none. Also artists perform for high amounts at the same venue all the time it's called Vegas.
TNA's not performing in Vegas. They're performing in a soundstage in Orlando with no charged admission. They are a local singer who's been performing the same song for the past 7 years at the same bar.

If they ever want to make real money, they're going to have to get their shit together and go on the road. Point blank.

Reactions: Cliffy

·
Registered
178 Posts
They are a local singer who's been performing the same song for the past 7 years at the same bar.

If they ever want to make real money, they're going to have to get their shit together and go on the road.
Except, you know, with a national TV-deal, not to mention several (100+) international ones, a somewhat considerable web pressence, and a touring schedule (house shows). So, your analogy is completely useless, as it bears little to no resemblance to TNAs current situation.

Principally, I would agree with the last sentence of your post, except, when going on the road means losing somewhere in the area of 13 million dollars a year, (26 tapings at a reported price of 600.000 a piece, with very little income from ticket sales/advertising) staying on the road wouldn´t be "getting their shit together", it would be completely moronic considering TNA doesn´t have a financial backer with the will to carry them through an unknown number of years with, reportedly, heavy financial losses.

WCW could do that and achieve, temporary, succes. TNA, however, doesn´t have the benefit of an enthusiastic billionaire as the financial security of the company.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
TNA failed on the road with the places they went to. their first show in Chicago had over 6000 in attendance. why couldn't they have done similar to that for every show? could they not get the bigger cities/arenas?
before they went on the road and were only doing shows from the Impact Zone, how many people were saying they need to stay where they are? anyone? most of what I read said they needed to go on the road. TNA just picked the wrong places to go to.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I understand why they are going back. BUT, Do people not remember how horrible the old impact zone was.

Wrestling for FREE
You have some of the biggest names in wrestling in Hardy/Sting/Angle. All wrestling in front of people who don't have to pay and most who have not specifically come to see the show.

The look of the show
It looked like a cheap WWE.

The fans
Most just did not give a f*ck. Some one comes in for a promo. See the crowd where some are not even looking, or just chilling on their phones? Fans can make the show seem 10x better then it actually is.

Storylines
Being a holiday destination. You get fans who may not really watch the product but just thought "hey lets check this out". Or if they have watched and enjoy the show. Next week it will be a totally new group. How can you progress a story when each week you have lots of people who don't know what the fuck is going on.

Pushing talent
How do you know who to push when you don't know who is over. The most over have always been the most successful. Being cheered just one week or because they being told to cheer does not mean this guy will be making the company lots of money.

Spoilers and edits
I know the spoilers are only read by a minority. But they can get out (James Storm title win). Big angle happens - just check out the following weeks spoiler. Wrestling needs to be unpredictable. In addition who can forget the awful "cheers" "boos" that were inserted. Why? because the fans weren't giving a shit and looked bad for tv.

5,110 Posts
Good. They need to go back to what worked financially before, even if it isn't ideal.

In the grand scale of things, Universal Studios beats high school gyms and legion halls. I’ve seen some pretty awesome shows taped in those locations so if TNA can’t pull off good tv on a studio lot with a custom set than something’s gotta change and change right quick, don’t you think?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't mean they need to stay in one spot only. They have to travel to spread the brand. But they should do a hybrid schedule. Most shows at the Impact Zone but more house shows, PPVs on the road, and every month with no PPV you should have at least one Impact on the road. Also M.S.I.I. I think femj88 basically shows my point.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.