Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Published on September, 30:

The word going on is that Ric Flair might not be long for TNA. He hasn't done anything of note for the company and his contract is coming up. It is not believed that TNA will renew or if they do, it will be at a much lower rate.

A source close to the situation is sure Flair wants to keep his same deal, which is reportedly something in the 20.000 dollar range per month. Not bad for a part time job. Flairs works an average of 6 to 8 days per month with no house show dates to speak of. Flair's TNA contrat is up about the same time Hogan's comes due, last of October.

We'll give you an update soon.

Source: Catch-Inside.com Premium

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
You know, That money would pay for some younger talent who can actually take a bump without it looking like death, I respect ric to a degree, but i want him and hogan gone from TNA.

·
Banned
885 Posts
I love Flair. He had a decent little run with TNA that gave us some good promos, but its time for him to go in my opinion. 20 thousand dollars per month is a lot of money to give to a guy who does not really work that much. They could spend that money on getting some new tag teams, since that division is almost dead at this stage.

·
Hiding in the shadows
584 Posts
I wish they had just let him be a Manager of a guy, or lead a tag-team. That's the only thing in 2011 that Flair should be doing.

I would think that if he does leave TNA, his career will finally be over. I don't think an indy show would be able to pay him enough money to wrestle. If he ends up back in WWE, I'm sure they won't give him a match to do either.

It's been a great 40 years Flair, but it is time to go.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,612 Posts
Hey I love Nature Boy. And if he leaves TNA I would not mind one last run at WWE in a sort of managerial role. Lots of great WWE talent Flair could help out as a manager.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
I'm torn between my desire to get people who are no longer interesting off my screen and my sympathy for a man who did a lot for the business and is obviously in a desperate situation at the moment.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I hope Ric leaves for good. TNA spends a lot of money with him and i don't think it's worth. Same for Hogan.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Flair to go back to WWE and be something relevant like a manager for an up and comer instead of destroying his legacy in TNA. Actually wait, everything after Mania 24 didn't happen for me so I guess it doesn't matter lol.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
$20,000 a month???? Bet he's regretting walking away from the half a million dollars per year gaurenteed from the WWE in 2009

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Flair to go back to WWE and be something relevant like a manager for an up and comer instead of destroying his legacy in TNA. Actually wait, everything after Mania 24 didn't happen for me so I guess it doesn't matter lol.
You telling me you're dismissing wheelchair Flair bro? ;)

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Time to go, Flair. I still can't see you for pissing on one of the greatest sendoffs you and the wrestling world have ever gotten. Prick.
Don't be like that. He needs the money, it's the only reason he's in TNA. His lifestyle has caught up with and cost him now that he's older and can't perform to the same level he could in the past. He sure as hell isn't there by choice.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
didn't the mods tell you not to promote your fake dirtsheet? don't believe this guy he literally admitted to making shit up before cuz that's what "all rasslin' journalists do"

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
Don't resign him. I swear to all that is Holy that Flair is going to die in the ring, and TNA doesn't need that to happen on their watch. The money could be better spent on developing younger talents to fill the void.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Flair and Hogan are leaving after BFG, i hope.

Nobody will miss them, they are icons of the business, but its time to move on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts