Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there wrestlers or personalities you disliked so much that you turned off the tv? Not guys you dislike but people you can't even watch.

I guess a lot of people would say this is go away heat, and then others would respond saying there is no such thing. This is not about that debate, this is simply about people you just refused to watch.

Are there any for you? A couple of mine will be unpopular but here goes...

For me the one that still grates on my last nerve is Stephanie. Her voice her expressions, heel or face, I just cannot watch. I will change the channel.

I never liked X-Pac as many others have expressed, but the ones that I am sure will garner wrath from you guys (remember this is just my opinion), but Lex Luger irritated the fool out of me. Granted I did not turn off the tv if he was wrestling someone I liked to watch, but against someone I did not care about....click.

Another one that will irritate some of you is Randy Orton. The last five years or so. Sure the guy is talented but something about him just does not resonate on any level with me. AS soon as "I hear voices" hits I cringe.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Rey Mysterio if he was in the ring with someone that I could not wrap my imagination around him being able to beat.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I quit watching WCW for years because of Hollywood Hogan. Sure, I might have groaned when Bastion Booger or whoever came on my TV screen, but nobody ever had the amount of 'go away' heat with me that Hogan did.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Currently I really can't stand fandango. The gimmick drives me nuts, so much that I really haven't gave his in ring stuff much of a chance. Please Vince, re-package this guy, we don't need a modern day disco inferno.

If we're talking older, the booty man aka Brutus the beefcake. Didn't mind his work back in the WWF days but his gimmicks in WCW were absolute shit. As long as we're talking WCW, I'll throw buff bagwell under the bus as well..

Hmmm... I'll throw one more out there, Rikishi. He had some matches during his run that I still can watch but he made me sick. The whole stinky face move turned my stomach, if I wrestled back then I'd required extreme extra pay to take that move.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Vickie Guerrero is literally painful to watch, I can't stand it she just needs to go away. She gets booed because people can't stand her and not in a good way.
Big Johnny made me change the channel anytime I could

Also the Snitsky miscarriage angle with Kane from years back was pretty hard to watch as well

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Going from the top of my mind here:

-Most Divas matches
-Any Lance Storm Match except the one at ECW One Night Stand
-Matt Hardy
-Bull Buchanan
-Jerry Lynn (Just totally Hated watching him, seems like a nice guy, but BOOORING and un charismatic)

·
Registered
641 Posts
-Double J in tna.
-Most times Randy Orton picks up a mic.
-Most times aj lee is on air now.

Though I don't "turn off the tv" I usually just hit the fast forward button.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
WCW: The Fingerpoke Of Doom pissed me off to no end. Hogan was the WCW Champion AGAIN and trolled the fans by having him and Nash bury the hatchet out of the blue. I switched back to WWF and never went back.

WWE: I was so angry when JBL won the WWE Championship, I actually stopped watching WWE for 4 months because I was just insulted by the fact they made a tag team jobber the world champion in the span of two months.

I regret it now since I missed out on a lot of his promos which turned out to be nothing, but great.

Nearly stopped again when Miz won.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
There's no-one that I'd change the channel for, but at the moment Fandango and Orton are really grating on me. Orton's lost whatever bit of passion he used to have for the business and Fandango's gimmick is one of the worst I've ever seen. A lot of people give Fandango a pass because "he's a great wrestler" but I haven't seen too much evidence to support that statement.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
Michael Cole ruined the build to Wrestlemania when he was a heel against Jerry Lawler.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts