Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the Survivor Series promo with Wade Barrett and I believe the perfect time to turn Cena would be at Survivor Series. This is how is see it going

Cena costs Orton the match and is kicked out of Nexus. But before Cena leaves Barret has a "parting gift". All of sudden Nexus surround the ringside area, getting into their signature attack mode and ready to strike. Orton has finally stood up after being downed by Barret "Wasteland". Cena and Orton look at each other as a sign of respect, then go back to back waiting for Nexus to attack. But all of a sudden Cena turns around and stares at the back of Ortons head. Now the camera zooms in on Ortons (who has this look of betrayal on his face). Orton then turns around and takes the FU. Cena then stands up and takes off his refs shirt to reveal for the very first time him wearing an official Nexus shirt. Cena then walks up to Barret to give him a big ole hug, and then turns to the camera for the celebration and fade out.

I also believe that Orton will go out of character and lay down for Cena's career to set up the ultimate betrayal.

...And by the way, this is all happening in Miami of all places.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Cena will turn heel only at a Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It wouldn't make sense for Orton to lay down for Cena's career. Why would he give a crap about Cena's career? Also, they aren't going to just have Orton lay down in a PPV main event. This isn't WCW during the Vince Russo era.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
The perfect time to turn Cena heel is when they have another main event face to take his place. Either when Orton ups his mic skills, they turn one of the main event heels (Sheamus?), or they elevate a newer wrestler.

We don't need more heels right now.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
if it happens i dont think it will be a swerve, it will be gradual. so far 0 signs!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
If he turns, it won't be an out of the blue swerve on a PPV that a lot of people won't even bother buying. It needs to be gradual, for example, plant the seeds around Royal Rumble time and build up to Wrestlemania dropping casual hints at a possible turn. The only way I can see him turning is if he feuds with the Undertaker. I think any other way at any other time would be classed as a missed opportunity.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I was watching the Survivor Series promo with Wade Barrett and I believe the perfect time to turn Cena would be at Survivor Series. This is how is see it going

Cena costs Orton the match and is kicked out of Nexus. But before Cena leaves Barret has a "parting gift". All of sudden Nexus surround the ringside area, getting into their signature attack mode and ready to strike. Orton has finally stood up after being downed by Barret "Wasteland". Cena and Orton look at each other as a sign of respect, then go back to back waiting for Nexus to attack. But all of a sudden Cena turns around and stares at the back of Ortons head. Now the camera zooms in on Ortons (who has this look of betrayal on his face). Orton then turns around and takes the FU. Cena then stands up and takes off his refs shirt to reveal for the very first time him wearing an official Nexus shirt. Cena then walks up to Barret to give him a big ole hug, and then turns to the camera for the celebration and fade out.

I also believe that Orton will go out of character and lay down for Cena's career to set up the ultimate betrayal.

...And by the way, this is all happening in Miami of all places.
I'm with you except for two things.

1. Orton would never lie down for anybody, let alone somebody he's been fueding with on/off for years. Last week he said he'd kick Cena in the skull, why would he give a fuck about Cena having to fetch Wade's water and carry his bags. Plus they wouldn't end a PPV like that, no chance.

2. Only other problem is that Nexus would have beaten up Cena post-match. If they circle the ring and then Orton attacks then fine, but we're meant to believe Cena will take 5 finishers from his partners, then get up a minute later? (No superman jokes please.) Plus there's no guarantee that Orton would help Cena anyway.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
lol at Randy Orton laying down for Cena. boy, that would completely fucking kill Orton's gimmick and his entire character.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I can't see Cena turning heel. Right now, Cena is the face of the company and the top drawing guy on the roster. He is the biggest merchandise seller in the history of the WWE and lets face it, the whole show revolves around Cena. A heel turn is out of the question until WWE builds a guy who is in the position to take Cena's spot and that won't just happen overnight, it will take a lot of time and effort from creative.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
It wouldn't make sense for Orton to lay down for Cena's career. Why would he give a crap about Cena's career? Also, they aren't going to just have Orton lay down in a PPV main event. This isn't WCW during the Vince Russo era.
I have no idea what your talking about, why is Orton gonna lay down? obviously Cena would turn away when Nexus attacks Orton then he makes the count, why would Orton just lay down?

I like the scenario the OP suggested, I'm just not sure if they should do that at the PPV or the next day on Raw.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Sounds like a great idea but I believe they will do it at a Wrestlemania to make the impact even more astounding.

·
Asuka
96,354 Posts
I can't believe anybody actually thinks that a guy who said "I'd RKO my own grandmother for the WWE championship" would lay down to save anybody, let alone arguably his biggest rival of all time. A guy who he's attacked a family member of and tried to KILL.

This forum boggles the mind sometimes, it really does.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
The only place where something this big can happen is Mania and Vince knows that. If it happens, it will happen then.

Pretty much, you don't turn the cultural symbol and moneymaker of your company heel at some random PPV. It has to be Wrestlemania and most likely to screw over a major face.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Pretty much, you don't turn the cultural symbol and moneymaker of your company heel at some random PPV. It has to be Wrestlemania and most likely to screw over a major face.
Since when the fuck is Survivor Series just a "random PPV". It's been around for 20+ years and tons of great moments have happened at Survivor Series. Jesus dude. fpalm

·
Asuka
96,354 Posts
Survivor Series is a big PPV, but it's decreased in value over the years. SummerSlam as well. Right now, WrestleMania and the Royal Rumble are the only ones that have that REALLY big atmosphere, and with the Rumble, it's all because of the Royal Rumble match itself, so basically, WrestleMania is all that's left in terms of giant atmosphere.

However, I don't know if Cena's heel turn has to be at WrestleMania. It will be at WrestleMania, because that's just how Vince McMahon is, but I don't know if it has to be. With WrestleMania, it's like, you expect that something major could always happen. I'm not saying they should turn Cena heel at a crappy PPV like The Bash, but I think it would be a LOT better if it was out of the blue, and nothing is out of the blue at WrestleMania. That's the get shit done PPV.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts