Wrestling Forum banner

The "Pepsi Plunge" at N.O.C

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First Of all IWC needs to realize that Casuals dont even know Pepsi Plunge is one of the Punk's Finishers. So even if he uses the move on Triple h, people would think "OMG HE COPIED HHH, HE IS USING THE PEDIGREE".

Your Mark-out moment is basically gone.

and more importantly HHH is not some 5ft indie guy to perform the move on, he could injure his Neck and Punk himself could injure his knees which i think is the reason he stopped using it.

Besides If Triple h gets injured, Punk has no one would feud with. Feud with cena has ended so without triple h as his opponent, Punk will be back to the Midcards.

I would be happy if both Men had a good match without any injuries.

FUCK THE PEPSI PLUNGE. If you like crazy shit, then go watch CZW.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Whats the big deal about Punk Using Pepsi plunge on Triple h ?

The Shooting Star Press move is dangerous too, and Evan Bourne uses it in each match, even Brock Lesnar did it at Wrestlemania!

But CM Punk hasn't done the Pepsi Plunge for a long time and he shouldn't do it today

·
Registered
873 Posts

Depends, don't know if Punk stopped using it because his knees literally couldn't take one more, or if he was just worried (rightly) that constant use would fuck his knees. If it's the latter and he just doesn't want to overdo it then this one time only would be a massive mark out moment. Otherwise it's like the situation with Edge - I want to see one more spear but if there's seriously a risk of massive damage from just one more then I'm much happier without it.

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The Shooting Star Press move is dangerous too, and Evan Bourne uses it in each match, even Brock Lesnar did it at Wrestlemania!

But CM Punk hasn't done the Pepsi Plunge for a long time and he shouldn't do it today
and he got injured doing that. He botched it too.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts

So you're not really asking what the big deal is, you're just telling them they're wrong to want what they want? Cool reason for a thread, bro.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts

The casuals don't know about a lot of stuff, yet the IWC still mark out for it. So that point doesn't really stick.

Trips can get injured from it? Yes, every wrestler can get injured from all the moves. These are two of the biggest stars in world wrestling, I'm pretty sure they know how to sell a move and do it safely.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts

I don't care either way. I don't really know of or much care about Punk's indie work so I'm not going to ruin my trousers if he uses it.

·
Registered
977 Posts

Be cool to see, but not vital by any means. Only reason it's being discussed is because it's similar to the Pedigree. Why that seems to translate as Punk definitely using it to finish the match is beyond me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Meh. It'd be cool to see, but the fact of the matter is even if it happens Cole won't call it right. Every other move Punk would do , including the anaconda vice, would suddenly become the pepsi plunge except for the plunge itself. Cole would probably call it the anaconda vice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts