Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Smiling Bliss
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just how bad was the 2006-10 series on Sy Fy by comparison?

I never saw ECW the original so at the time as a kid WWECW didn't seem horrendous, just another B show like Smackdown.

But everyone who saw the original show says it sucked. Was it really that bad?

·
Smiling Bliss
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
It was actually the name that made people shit on it and they had the right to do because it was really an insult to the original one.

If it was just treated as a 3rd brand with different name it would be good I actually enjoyed some of the feuds there and it saw the start of some talents that became in the future main eventers and world champions.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
It was awful. Just the WWE trying to capitalize on the ECW name. When the Zombie came out, I said F this.......

Reactions: ellthom

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
I saw both. And honestly Lashley is the greatest ECW Champion of either show. People make the original out to be this great thing, but it only had very few good moments.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I saw both. And honestly Lashley is the greatest ECW Champion of either show. People make the original out to be this great thing, but it only had very few good moments.
Wrong. The original ECW was incredible. Go and watch the ppvs on the network. They were the precursor to the "attitude era," and its influence in WCW and WWE at that time was monumental.

I wasn't a fan of some of the more grotesque things they did, i.e. the barbed wire matches, etc. They also were the catalyst for the luchadores and cruiser weights first coming to the USA. Everyone on their roster busted their ass and damn near every ppv match was solid if not great.

With that being said, I never watched the watered down WWE version, but I'm sure it wasn't great.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
15,930 Posts
WWECW wasn't that bad. Sydal vs Jomo put on great match. RVD vs holly was good. But extreme expose

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
They both sucked. Bad. Original recipe had more blood and cussing, WWECW had more actual big time talent especially if you don't count the guys who were only there for a cup of coffee like Austin.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Like anything, there was good and bad. I really enjoyed the extreme spots and some of the characters like Alfonso, Beulla, Sandman, Dreamer, Douglas, and others. But then there were also a lot of heat-less 10-man matches with dudes on loan from Japan and bad/boring matches with no-name scrubs.

Didn't see much of the WWECW stuff.

·
Registered
17,556 Posts
Once that stopped the stupid gimmicks it was real enjoyable.

The new breed Vs originals was fun as hell. .

ECW was more than hardcore matches and wwecw was a platform for guys that wouldn't have gotten one otherwise. Hart dynasty, Evan Bourne and the return of Christian all happened on the ecw brand.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk

·
Smiling Bliss
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once that stopped the stupid gimmicks it was real enjoyable.

The new breed Vs originals was fun as hell. .

ECW was more than hardcore matches and wwecw was a platform for guys that wouldn't have gotten one otherwise. Hart dynasty, Evan Bourne and the return of Christian all happened on the ecw brand.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk
"It's.... it's Christian"

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Just how bad was the 2006-10 series on Sy Fy by comparison?

I never saw ECW the original so at the time as a kid WWECW didn't seem horrendous, just another B show like Smackdown.

But everyone who saw the original show says it sucked. Was it really that bad?
Oh my god, another person who used to enjoy WWECW. And I thought I was the only one. As a kid who couldn't stay up late, its one hour running time was a perfect weekly wrestling fix for me. And I really did consider it a B show but I never considered it worse than that. It was certainly better than any if the early seasons of NXT.

Looking back, I really started watching around the same time Sheamus debuted. Man, that was so long ago. I remember loving Sheamus, Goldust, Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Regal, Kozlov, Jackson, Ryder and I regret nothing of it. I don't know how it was like earlier on, but by the time I started watching it was a pretty decent show. Christian's feud with Regal was really, really great and as someone who didn't know how shit Jackson was in the ring, I didn't have a particular problem with him winning the belt. Oh and the glory days when Zack Ryder used to have squash matches and used the Zack Attack.
I still think this show gets too much of a bad rap.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts