Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever browsed this forum and come across extremely long posts on wrestling?

Take this post, for example:

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/9332490-post1.html

It's 10-11 paragraphs long - probably equal to 3-4 pages if typed up on Word (Doubed spaced).

What is the topic of this long essay? Dave Meltzer's star ratings.

It's wrestling, and we are fans. This site is meant to be hobby; something to pass the time with.

Stop with the long, 10 paragraph posts! Wrestling is not so important!

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
By your recent actions on here today I think it's safe to say you can easily find the time to read a whole bunch of long posts and on a wrestling forum and need nothing more than things to do to pass the time. You should say thanks. Be humbled.

·
EIRE
15,861 Posts
Nothing wrong with a long post. People's attention spans are shorter than ever. It never ceases to amaze me how someone can write something 4-5 paragraphs long and then there will be a slew of responses asking for people to summarize it because they are too lazy to read it.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing wrong with a long post. People's attention spans are shorter than ever. It never ceases to amaze me how someone can write something 4-5 paragraphs long and then there will be a slew of responses asking for people to summarize it because they are too lazy to read it.
Attention span and laziness are not the issues.

If I'm studying Biology, I and most people can and will read 50 paragraphs from a textbook.

But again - this is wrestling on a site made for us to pass the time.

Long posts on a trivial topic like wrestling are useless and annoying.

Keep your posts short!

·
the endorse who set the course
8,677 Posts
if i see a long post, i'll give it a few lines to see if it interests me, if not, i'm overlooking it. so if you're gonna make a long post, u gotta say something interesting right off the bat.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts

If I'm studying Biology, I and most people can and will read 50 paragraphs from a textbook.

Keep your posts short!
Wait, let me get this straight.. So you're whining about someone discussing wrestling on a wrestling forum? I need a Ron Simmons right about now.
And I'm pretty sure, simply by glancing at the logo in the top left that this forum was made to discuss wrestling, contrary to your idea of passing the time, for which I'm sure many people do use it for anyway.

In regards to the opening post though, in most cases I'll TL;DR posts like that unless it's a subject that really interests me.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wait, let me get this straight.. So you're whining about someone discussing wrestling on a wrestling forum? I need a Ron Simmons right about now.
And I'm pretty sure, simply by glancing at the logo in the top left that this forum was made to discuss wrestling, contrary to your idea of passing the time, for which I'm sure many people do use it for anyway.

In regards to the opening post though, in most cases I'll TL;DR posts like that unless it's a subject that really interests me.
Did I ever say that? No.

Discussing wrestling is fine, and I too enjoy it.

What I have issue with are the people who take it too far.

There's no need to spend hours typing a 4-page essay on Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
Download the Say It! gadget thing for your sidebar and read along with it. Makes reading fun, for all ages.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Did I ever say that? No.

Discussing wrestling is fine, and I too enjoy it.

What I have issue with are the people who take it too far.

There's no need to spend hours typing a 4-page essay on Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan.
Even if indirectly, you did. The guy is trying to spark up a discussion on the subject, you might not agree with the means he's going about it but that's just how he wants to voice his opinion. If I had an interest in Dave Meltzer's work I'd much more appreciate reading all of that and providing my thoughts than a simple 3 liner followed by a bunch of "agreed op, good post". If people can find an interest in a subject, especially one this guys obviously put a lot of work into voicing his opinion on, more fucking power to him I say.

Reactions: sean 590

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
Wrestling is a passion for most people here, so what wrong with people having detailed conversations about it? Wrestling isn't "serious" but nor is football or music or soap operas or whatever but people have long discussions about them. If everyone wrote stuff like "I think WWE is great, I think TNA sucks" the forum would shockingly boring and not worth reading

Reactions: Noel

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts

Keep your posts short!
how the bloody fuck is it annoying? are you being forced to read it? if it honestly annoys you so much to just scroll down and avoid that post, that's pretty sad.

some people like those posts too, so i don't see the huge deal about this. i've read some long posts that were some of the best posts on this site. its like reading an article about something you like. just take the time to read a few lines and if it sucks, then who cares, scroll down. not annoying at all.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some of you are misunderstanding.

Short does not mean bland.

3 carefully worded sentences can be equally complex and insightful as 10,000 words; maybe more.

Long posts are like 6-syllable SAT words: People use them to look smart, but they look pretentious instead.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

Keep your posts short!

·
You're a mong.
5,401 Posts
Short post just for you;

I strongly dislike you, just from this thread. I'm not even a hateful person but you strike me as a really annoying dick.

Slightly longer post;

Is it due to the fact that you're studying an insufferingly boring subject that you desire to come on here and whine? Look into the effects that occur when a knife is swallowed inside a sandwich - with the experiment being performed by yourself.

Nothing wrong with long posts, they're a good read. I'm not here to read philosophical preachings. Go away.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
The only long articles I find annoying are the articles lacking any attempt at spelling or grammar.

·
Custom User Title
15,241 Posts
you make it sound like people make long posts on purpose to sound smarter. if a guy needs paragraphs to explain everything he wants to about something in wrestling there's no need to shorten it down because "wrestling ain't that important".

1 - 20 of 49 Posts