Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Lou Thesz Press

One week back,someone posted about Lou Thesz and claimed that Thesz was the undisputed GOAT.I was stunned to read about Thesz's achievements and almost agree with him.Too bad,most people don't know a lot about him.

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
Lou Thesz Press
also the stf, powerbomb and belly to back suplex

diving headbutt - created by harley race even though AE fans only associate benoit with that move despite the fact benoit copied it off dynamite

GTS - KENTA created that not punk

Frog Splash - art barr but made famous by his former partner eddie

cloverleaf - dork funk jr

enzuigiri - antonio inoki

figure four - buddy rodgers created it, flair only copied it

shooting star press - jushin liger

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Who used the Cutter first :Johhny Ace or someone else?

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Eric Bischoff created the Elimination Chamber but don't get any credit for it anymore. 8*D

·
Registered
57 Posts
the obvious answer is Paul Heyman

He in some way was responsible for alot of wrestlings main ideas from the 90s, only to be copied because of his low rank in the industry at the time.

stone cold
lucha libre wrestling in usa
the attitude era
etc.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
I was about to say Thesz as well. You don't even think about the Thesz press as a move (speaking of presses, wasn't the Gorilla Press Gorilla Monsoon? or am I making that up), much less about how no one did it, then one day someone thought to do it. Same thing with the STF. It would be so interesting seeing a list of wrestling moves and who invented them. Some people have been considerate enough to tack their names on (Fujiwara comes to mind) but others...

Like why is the Boston Crab, the Boston Crab? Was that the wrestler that came from Boston or do crabs just happen to look really weird there :p

1 - 20 of 50 Posts