Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could tolerate it when only a few illiterate members posted regularly, but now it is pissing me off so bad it's unbelievable. You can't go 1 or 2 posts without somebody posting a reply with the lowest intellectual level possible. It reminds me of the monkeys sitting in front of a typewriter hammering random buttons. Although in some cases the monkeys show more ability to spell than some members. The main offender (correct me if I'm wrong) would have to be canyoudigthesucker. I have yet to see a post of his (that he didn't copy from a site) which looks remotely legible...

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Some americans are even worse than me.it's a damn shame
-translation:
sum emercins r evn wurs tan my. it s a dem sheem

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
It was the best of times.
It was the blurst of times.
Ha-Ha.
I know what you mean. I would say Sladester is one of the worst offenders when it comes to spelling. We all make little mistakes that others pick on for fun but there are many posts that you just cannot read or make sense of. I ran your opening post through spell-check as well Adam for a laugh. You passed.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn right I passed! It's not that I'm pissed with obvious mistakes, it's the ones who continuously spell even the most simple of words wrong, and this goes for pathetic internet abbreviations as well.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
As everyone here is patently aware, I couldn't agree more.

There is nothing more insulting than people not bothering to spell words correctly. If someone's trying to put a point across to others then it is vital that it is at least readable.

Also, if they can't even be bothered to write with correct spelling and grammar, why should anyone take any notice of what they have to say? If their views on language show ignorance and disregard for common convention, why should anyone expect their posts to contain anything of interest?

I do, however, feal that it is just a matter of time before someone replies to this thread with some kind of "humorous" spelling mistakes.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
ya dud i so agre. wft iz wit dem pepl hoo kant spel at al. i fukn hat dat. it piizs me off soo much i kant evn tel u. skru u giez n ur splng mustakz. al u fukrz hoo kant spel shud b band rit awai. i so bak u up on ur runt adum. wurd liv.

Again, people worrying over something so trivial as spelling mistakes. I'm sure you can still make out what these n00bs are trying to say. And if you can't, then the fact that they can't even spell just shows that their opinions probably aren't anything spectacular or important in the first place, so why bother trying to read and understand them? :rolleyes: As usual, Kaneanite comes in with the voice of reasoning. :)

·
HAIREH BAWWWWLS
4,558 Posts
Kaneanite said in post #7 :
ya dud i so agre. wft iz wit dem pepl hoo kant spel at al. i fukn hat dat. it piizs me off soo much i kant evn tel u. skru u giez n ur splng mustakz. al u fukrz hoo kant spel shud b band rit awai. i so bak u up on ur runt adum. wurd liv.

Again, people worrying over something so trivial as spelling mistakes. I'm sure you can still make out what these n00bs are trying to say. And if you can't, then the fact that they can't even spell just shows that their opinions probably aren't anything spectacular or important in the first place, so why bother trying to read and understand them? :rolleyes: As usual, Kaneanite comes in with the voice of reasoning. :)
I agree with Cody...which isn't always a good sign but whatever...

Why let a spelling mistake bother you? Does it affect your life? Does it stop you from conveying your own opinion?

Since i registered, there's been about 3 posts which after looking over again and again, i couldn't understand. If someone uses messenger slang, maybe it's because they don't take themselves as seriously as others. After all, somebody on the other side of the world not being able to translate their post isn't going to affect their life ambitions.

This is a forum, not a damn English class. If you genuinely get angry or frustrated when reading a poorly written post, then i have to wonder whether you take the internet a little too seriously. Yuh.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Kliqster said in post #9 :
Why let a spelling mistake bother you? Does it affect your life? Does it stop you from conveying your own opinion?
Rajah's point was that little mistakes aren't the problem, because everyone makes a typo every once in a while. The problem is people who can't even be bothered to type properly, not little mistakes that don't matter.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You talking as in Stuff like "Waz Up" or People who actually can't spell like literally can't spell as in "Belive" (believe)

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Well i make a few spelling mistakes sometimes only cause i type so fast.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
i am indeed sorry for my spelling mistakes but it is mainly because i type so fast.
i will try in the future to keep them to a minimum.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
NotDaveFoley said in post #12 :
It used to annoy me more. But now not that much. I felt kinda dorky caring about some 11 year olds spelling.
im 12
malicious-ill will (mal)bad
benefactor-benifit (bene)good
subterrianean-underground (terra)earth
astrology-study of stars (astro)stars
geogrophy-map and stuff
(geo)earth
LATIN ROOTS RULE

1 - 20 of 38 Posts