Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just me or does it seem that 90% of people are TERRIBLE at estimating how long it takes them to do something? It's like it's been the story of my life to wait on these people day after freaking day. Don't think it's going to change anytime soon either.

What I mean is, a friend calls or you call a friend. Trying to hang out, meet up, whatever, it doesn't matter. But they say "Cool I'll be there in 15 minutes on my way home". That's reasonable enough. Then 10 minutes turns to 20, 20 to 30, and somewhere around the hour mark they show up. It's like they pull these times out of their ass and I'm rushing to get my shit together when in reality I have 10 years because they're little girls and take forever. Even when I'm not the one being told this it pisses me off. For instance...

I'll be in a car with someone. They get a call asking when they'll be back, other friend in the car replies "Oh 10 minutes we'll be back". I just sit there amazed considering we still need to drive a half hour to even get back to our city then another 15 minutes to get to their place. But yeah...we'll be back in 10 minutes...

Seriously, before you tell someone how long you're going to be take a second and think about how fucking long it will ACTUALLY take. Not some fake ass random number of minutes that is probably a third of what it is in reality.

And mooches piss me off too. Get your own cigs and chew, get your own car, get your own weed, get your own hits, get your own molly, just get your own shit. I'm not a fucking drug dealer or a taxi, and even if I was you fuckers are broke anyways. Shit, not my fault you guys make $8/hr since you couldn't be bothered to try at all during school.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Is it guilty in here... or is it just me?

A worthy rant topic for sure!

I'm guilty of the time thing myself though. I'm absolutely terrible at that... I'm decent about showing up on time or knowing hold long it takes to drive from one place to another. If I say I can drive from my house to Lexington in two and a half hours then I'll do it.

But other time related stuff I'm terrible at. Especially when it comes to keeping time. I burn way to many things in the oven because of this. I have to actually set a timer to prevent this.

I'm also guilty of taking to much time to get ready for things.

As for being a mooch, not guilty. If I ever have to borrow something *and that's always a last resort* I always pay it back. It bothers the hell out of me until I do.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
Yeah one of my ex's was terrible with that, one time I went to pick her up and she : "I'll be right down, hun."
20 minutes pass I was piss, and it didn't help when it was 100 degrees outside. Dumb bitch.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
This is to the OP.

Dude what are you like 20 something years old, hell even if your in your 30's you're still too young to be acting like such a grumpy old man and getting all upset. "Urrr that little kid don't do nothing for himself. Lazy kid. Urrrr I'm so jealous because I'm a old folk. I don't like pussy, I own this house and that means I own you, I'm in love with myself because I'm such a great old folk. Stupid little kids I hate them all because they can't work. URRRRR I'm old"

Dude just stop it. You got a long way to go before you can act like a big man.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,582 Posts
This is to the OP.

Dude what are you like 20 something years old, hell even if your in your 30's you're still too young to be acting like such a grumpy old man and getting all upset. "Urrr that little kid don't do nothing for himself. Lazy kid. Urrrr I'm so jealous because I'm a old folk. I don't like pussy, I own this house and that means I own you, I'm in love with myself because I'm such a great old folk. Stupid little kids I hate them all because they can't work. URRRRR I'm old"

His reasons for being upset are actually reasonable. You shouldn't make someone wait around for you after they ask you how much time you're going to take and you shouldn't ask for stuff if you have no intention of ever paying them back with something. Do you waiting an hour for someone that said they'll meet you in ten minutes? I highly doubt it.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Damn OP i know the feeling, sometimes it seems like I'm the only person i know who actually means '10 minutes' when i say it.

This is to the OP.

I get the feeling the OP struck a nerve here, you a moocher?

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
His reasons for being upset are actually reasonable. You shouldn't make someone wait around for you after they ask you how much time you're going to take and you shouldn't ask for stuff if you have no intention of ever paying them back with something. Do you waiting an hour for someone that said they'll meet you in ten minutes? I highly doubt it.
I don't think he gave valid enough reasons why it's affected his life in such a bad way though. Obviously if somebody is over the age of 20 their probably going to buy their own things and will offer to buy stuff for themselves in situations where their together. So all I see out of this is it sounds like a grumpy old man with his son or grandson trying to show him the hard ways of the world and telling him he's gotta start doing things for himself. I just don't see how the waiting around part makes you that mad or is that big of an issue. If your with somebody I don't see how it's a big deal to buy them some soda or pay for their lunch or something.

Now if it's drugs that's a whole different story because some of that's expensive but sharing the drugs can't be that much of a harm as long as their not stealing it from you and taking a lot of yours I guess. Really don't know how letting your friend take a hit of something or taking one of your Mollys is that big of a deal as long as they don't do it all the time and you only allow one or two friends to use shit you bought and not the whole damn block.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Its a legit rant, Im guilty of it all time. It just has to do with telling people what they want to hear so they get off your back. When my boss asks when something is going to be done, even if i know its going to take an hour and a half i'll still tell him an hour because i just want him to get the fuck away from me. If he comes back in an hour, i say the machine jammed up...whatever.

Violence- i dont really get your argument here. Age has nothing to do with it. I do it, people i know who are younger do it,...and everyone regardless of age has gotten irritated at some point.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
I don't think he gave valid enough reasons why it's affected his life in such a bad way though. Obviously if somebody is over the age of 20 their probably going to buy their own things and will offer to buy stuff for themselves in situations where their together. So all I see out of this is it sounds like a grumpy old man with his son or grandson trying to show him the hard ways of the world and telling him he's gotta start doing things for himself. I just don't see how the waiting around part makes you that mad or is that big of an issue. If your with somebody I don't see how it's a big deal to buy them some soda or pay for their lunch or something.

Now if it's drugs that's a whole different story because some of that's expensive but sharing the drugs can't be that much of a harm as long as their not stealing it from you and taking a lot of yours I guess. Really don't know how letting your friend take a hit of something or taking one of your Mollys is that big of a deal as long as they don't do it all the time and you only allow one or two friends to use shit you bought and not the whole damn block.
I'm sure your lack of support for his thread has him all tore up.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'm pretty guilty of this, but I still try to give reasonable estimates of how long I'll take to do something...

Except I just somehow always end up taking longer.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oh man it's so annoying. My friend who lives like round the corner and down the street is like "I'm on my way" then half hour later he turns up, one time it took an hour, I'm sat there with my jacket and shoes on ready to go out, and I could have gone had a shower and ate dinner twice.

I don't really have to do it myself 'cause wherever we usually hang out is like closer to my house than theirs so we usually meet at mine.

As for the mooching it doesn't bother me if it's only little things, I might ask them for something one day then another day they might borrow off me, so it's fair really.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My friend use does this, and sometimes its a real pain in the ass. I've seen him in action barely getting on one high while he is talking to someone else saying he is already on the other highway that is 10 minutes away.

One night he calls me to go hit a bar and says he will be at my place in 15. So I get ready and sit on the couch and wait, then i realize it's gonna be a while so 3 shots and 3 beers by myself he shows up and wonders why I am already buzzed.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

This is a rant though man, just a thread. It's not like I obsess over people being late and it makes me constantly miserable. It's more of a "yeah, that's pretty annoying but to be expected" sort of thing. It's only rant worthy because it's a constant thing. The late people are still my friends and all, I'm sure they have things to bitch me out about too.

Mooches on the other hand are the worst. I'm not some shady dude who never helps anyone out, but it gets old. Especially when it's the same people day after day and nothing seems to change. Or maybe it's just the people I know makes it seem worse than it really is. I know some real sketchy characters I guess. And I never liked a lot of them so not all of the moochers in this rant are considered "friends" to me, which makes my dislike for them even greater.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts