Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I have to explain the impatience of WWE fans these days and
how people get sick and tired of new things so quickly compared to years ago.

Nexus angle was raving WWE Universe about being one of the most significant
events in recent memory and all that faded within just few weeks, despite WWE
still holding on to it.

Evan Bourne finally looked to be getting a decent amount of push after his tag match with Cena, and he disappeared also. I know he's injured right now, but nothing special was happening for him before the injury except for jobbing every now and then.

Everyone was saying how Kane was so deserving of a World championship reign, he FINALLY gets it, everyone's happy for a moment and now saying it's boring.
(I'm pretty damn sure same thing would happen if Christian wins World title)

I don't remember people being this impatient with WWE product EVER. IMO, this is
a main reason why WWE failed to create new BIG stars in recent memory, and I'm
talking John Cena like star.

We all have been talking about how good Daniel Bryan is and how happy were we
about him being the mystery man in team WWE at Summer Slam and his US title feud
with The Miz.

Despite getting a decent amount of push in the US division, Bryan is not really
drawing big reactions from general WWE crowd just yet. But we can't judge that
he's NOT going to be a big star based only on the weak crowd reactions for just few weeks.

It took years and years for guys like Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit to be
fully appreciated by the entire WWE Universe and after their respective title
reigns, the crowd always gave these two exceptional ovations wherever they went,
whoever they faced.

Daniel Bryan is walking behind their footsteps. It's not gonna take just few months
for him to be a true star in the business. It will take years of good feuds and
matches until ALL of WWE viewers will know by heart that Daniel Bryan is a hell
of a performer.

Daniel has a responsibility of his own as well.
I hope Daniel Bryan is not leaning onto the internet freaks like us who support
him.
WWE decided to give in and gave him a spot. It's up to him now to lose that or
take this chance to become the next Chris Benoit.. Only in a sense of what Chris
did in the WWE.

Patience, people, Patience. And we could have guys like JoMo, Ziggler and Bryan
being the top guys in the post Cena era. Who knows? I didn't see Cena becoming
as big as he is when he first showed up. I thought Batista would be the biggest
star since Austin and look where he is right now.

If you are a true fan of wrestling, just sit back and relax and be patient.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I hope to see him headlining WM 30 for his first WHC win.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Threads like this never get that many responses because it usually speaks so much truth. And of course, the truth hurts. I agree 100%.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Great write up. However, I want to comment on the Nexus thing.

The first week was done great and the next week it sucked. It wasn't about patience it was about storyline stupidity. If you have Classics on demand, right now, watch the Monday night Wars. It's the start of the N.W.O. and in fact Hogan just turned. WCW did that angle so well. It was an invasion done right.

After Hall came in, the announcers didn't acknowledge it (because they weren't part of WCW) and tried to downplay any appearance of Hall and Nash. They always had security around. Like I said, watch the Monday Night Wars.

Now, the week after Nexus, what I remember, was Barrett in the ring with a microphone and the rest of Nexus. Pure stupidity. If it was such a horrible act, why do they get mic time and I think the start of the show was a recap of the Nexus attack. Apparently, this was such an awful unsanctioned attack that we had to recap it.

So it's not patience, it the quality of the storyline. They held onto it, yes, but that doesn't take away the stuff they did that did not make sense.

As far as Daniel Bryan, he got much further than I thought WWE would push him and that's not a knock on Daniel bryan's in ring skills (although even on the indy scene never thought much of his mic skills)

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
he is getting a pretty ace reaction though? for the amount of time hes been there and compared to other new guys.. come on he has done great so far and hes well over.

·
Registered
856 Posts
TBH, Bryan already gets a nice reaction from the crowd. I hope they do build him in the way they did Benoit and Eddie. Let the guy rule the midcard and put on some big matches. Then ,when the time is right, he can have a truly meaningful World Championship reign.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
ya the only reaction problems with bryan is his music, not because its bad, but because it doesnt scream wrestler. he needs a theme like charlie haas theme he had for like a month pay the price by eric and the hostiles. im pretty sure wwe can make a them similiar to that and final countdown. it would be enough to represent bryan and enough to get the crowd pumped. lets face it once people see him they cheer, and in the ring they cheer along with ooohs and ahss. and he needs to talk more, not some long promo, no catch phrases, he just needs to be seen talking about what he does.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bryan draws reactions with his matches. The crowd is dead silent when he enters and pops after his matches. He's a one of a kind performer in the ring, and excelled in mic works beyond our expectations.
I'm hopeful about his brand new feud with DiBiase. I thought there was something special going on with him
and Punk before he got hurt.

I'm glad there are people who agree with what I said. I'm not saying my words are verdicts of truth, but
I'm just pitching in an opinion from a guy who's witnessed multiple eras of professional wrestling.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
he's drawing fine reactions for a midcarder, which is what he is.

he gets a decent pop sometimes when he comes out, he gets his name chanted during matches, hell, he had his name chanted during matches after he got fired. i don't really know what the point of this thread is exactly, but patience has nothing to do with the WWE product these days, mainly because they don't have it when they don't want to have it and vice versa.

it'd be nice if the WWE practiced a little patience sometimes (Sheamus, Swagger) instead of just premature ejaculating all over their fans faces and causing no one to care.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
His crowd reaction is rather weak imo, just because he gets 'reaction' doesn't mean he's very over. But for a midcarder i think he's over enough, his crowd reaction could get better in time. I'm actually very patient about Daniel Bryan, i understand WWE can't push all the new guys all at once in the main event, but i know he'll get there eventually.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
it'd be nice if the WWE practiced a little patience sometimes (Sheamus, Swagger) instead of just premature ejaculating all over their fans faces and causing no one to care.
They're probably doing this because they're hella desperate for stars. You got their top guys getting older and older, guys like Batista and Jericho who left, Guys like Edge and Mysterio who are getting more stale and past their prime, I mean pretty soon the main event will only consist of Randy Orton, John Cena, and Triple H(maybe) within the next 5 years so maybe they feel they gotta makes new guys NOW. Of course trying to make guys that fast will ultimately never work since its never really worked that way. Or Maybe Vince just thinks hes that much of a genius or "god" that he can make the audience like whoever he wants in an instant.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
People need to be patient with most new stars tbh. All this throwing a hissy fit because somebody didn't win the title within 6 months or declaring that somebody is going nowhere/is a jobber/will be future endeavored because they aren't getting a push is fucking ridiculous not to mention tiresome. And then they yap when WWE has no credible main eventers. Of course they fucking don't if you keep hot shoting everybody to the main event the second they get called up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree before Bret Hart vs Steve Austin we had Bret Hart vs Jerry Lawler, and before Jericho and Michaels fueded, Jericho fueded with Chyna!

Daniel Bryan has already moved on from Cole so that's a good sign.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Patience, people, Patience. And we could have guys like JoMo, Ziggler and Bryan
being the top guys in the post Cena era. Who knows? I didn't see Cena becoming
as big as he is when he first showed up. I thought Batista would be the biggest
star since Austin and look where he is right now.
This right here. Only a handful of guys look like main event material after their first few months in WWE and even then, how many of them even stay in the top spot? Look at my sig for the quote about The Rock.

The fact is that in the indies, Bryan was given "main event time". He got genuine blood fueds, he got 60 minute matches, he got to interact like a character in well-written storylines. Thus far he's only had a handful of promo's with Miz and is being left to win over the crowd with random matches. Wait until they book him in some real storylines.
(This also applies with Kaval and anybody else that indy fans love but other people won't give a chance).

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
This right here. Only a handful of guys look like main event material after their first few months in WWE and even then, how many of them even stay in the top spot? Look at my sig for the quote about The Rock.

The fact is that in the indies, Bryan was given "main event time". He got genuine blood fueds, he got 60 minute matches, he got to interact like a character in well-written storylines. Thus far he's only had a handful of promo's with Miz and is being left to win over the crowd with random matches. Wait until they book him in some real storylines.
(This also applies with Kaval and anybody else that indy fans love but other people won't give a chance).
@ the bolded: A lot of those who look like instant main-eventers fit the Batista mold (Mason Ryan down in FCW is clearly the next one) and we all know what wrestling nerds (I include myself in this) think about him :no:

When/if Bryan reaches main-event status his opponants will still be able to gain something in defeat, something which can't be said for the barely trained, powerhouse bodybuilder types Vince loves so much.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts