Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys all get upset and cry about how Punk is now in a "midcard feud"...Do you guys not remember the attitude era? Not every start back then was involved in the top title storyline. To make the overall product of the show a guy like Punk doesn't need a title to be a top draw so why not use him to add depth to a different storyline?

By using all your stars to build different storylines not necessarily top title matches it will increase ratings....So stop complaining.

Some of the top storylines in the history of WWE had nothing to do with the WWE title.

·
Administrator
59,222 Posts
Re: People complaining about punks storyline

Some people will never be happy. Unless you're John Cena, you can't be in the main-event forever. For some reason fans have these dellusions that their favorite wrestler should be in the main-event all the time. Some are even worse and think their favorite wrestler should be World Champion all the time. Sometimes taking a step back allows that wrestler to be involved in fresher feuds rather than facing the same people in the main-event. He'll be back in the main-event no doubt about it.

·
Registered
99 Posts

If CM Punk was in the main event, I bet you that all of the people who complain he's not in a top storyline will complain that he's over exposed and steal. In November last year, while I was lurking, people were complaining that he relies too much on cheap heat and they'd rather see someone new hold the title. Then when the Rock won it, they wanted him back in the main event hahaha. People on this forum will only follow what the cool kids do.

I personally don't care what Punk does as long as he's not being used the same way he was from 07-09. Just terrible, TERRIBLE use of his character.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts

The problem with this feud is that it's stale as hell, it should have ended a month ago. Both Punk and Heyman could be doing better, more interesting things, their feud right now is so played out that people are rapidly losing interest and it's hurting both of them. I actually considered skipping the Punk segment tonight which is probably the first time since about 2008.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

I actually just want to move on from this storyline to anything else.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts

putting people like punk back in the "midcard" (actually the upper card or upper midcard at WORST, just because he's not in the main event scene / story doesnt mean hes in the "midcard" now) is the smartest thing WWE has done in months maybe longer

they don't remember the attitude era where what they call the "midcard" was full of good stories and feuds and characters and writing because they put good talent there and the writers made an effort for it

rotate more main event guys into the "midcard" on a regular basis the overall product will be wayyy better for it

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

putting people like punk back in the "midcard" (actually the upper card or upper midcard at WORST, just because he's not in the main event scene / story doesnt mean hes in the "midcard" now) is the smartest thing WWE has done in months maybe longer

they don't remember the attitude era where what they call the "midcard" was full of good stories and feuds and characters and writing because they put good talent there and the writers made an effort for it

rotate more main event guys into the "midcard" on a regular basis the overall product will be wayyy better for it
Problem is today's midcard sucks. Look at all the filler segments tonight.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts

The problem with this feud is that it's stale as hell, it should have ended a month ago. Both Punk and Heyman could be doing better, more interesting things, their feud right now is so played out that people are rapidly losing interest and it's hurting both of them. I actually considered skipping the Punk segment tonight which is probably the first time since about 2008.
If people are losing interest, it's because it's one-sidedly in favor of CM Punk. It's too predictable which makes it boring as hell. It just feels like filler because it is. There is zero danger of CM Punk losing the fued or losing cleanly. That's pretty much exactly the definition of filler. We all know nothing can happen besides Punk winning.

And tbh, I find it strange you list Punk and Heyman as the people who could be doing better things when Ryback is clearly the victim of this booking. Ryback has no chance of getting over in this fued and it will take time just to repair the damage that's done to his image in the name of keeping Punk's image fully intact.

Punk is the "Cena" of this fued. Ryback is the "other guy". But woe is Punk for being booked to handily win a squash fued in the biggest storyline after the main one? Yeah. . .I don't agree.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Problem is today's midcard sucks. Look at all the filler segments tonight.
I wouldn't say the Midcard as a whole "sucks", I'd say the WWE isn't using everyone in the midcard to their full potential.

RAW: Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, The Miz, Curtis Axel, Kofi Kingston, Jimmy & Jey Uso, R-Truth, Luke Harper, Eric Rowan, Bray Wyatt, Brodus Clay, Tensai

Upper-Mid: Punk, Bryan, Ryback

Smackdown: Cesaro, Swagger, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow, RVD, Fandango

Upper-Mid: Christian, Rhodes, Ziggler

For the most part, they just need to organize it more. Santino should not be beating Cesaro. They need to establish their hierarchy again, because it makes Khali and Santino look capable of beating any of the midcarders when they're supposed to be jobbers

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts

OP

We're in an era where the fanboys feel they know what's best for the wrestler.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I don't have a problem with punk taking a break for a while from the main event but at least replace him with someone bearable. Not Daniel I change my channel Bryan.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

Back in the old days, the top guys rotated. Yeah Austin was a top guy and then he got hurt and Rock was a top guy and then at one point one of them turned and Angle was a top guy for a while. Didn't mean the feuds were less important but they took turns to keep the title fresh. Hell Survivor Series 2000, neither the Rock or Austin were fighting for the title. Nobody bitched about it back then. In fact, from September through Wrestlemania 17, aside from the Armageddon HIAC and a random Raw match, Austin did not get a title match. Rock went 4 months without a title match (not counting the December feud). The fall/winter months are and usually should be used to try and mix things up and that is what they are doing right now. Punk WILL be back in the title picture as early as January possibly.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,843 Posts

Teaming him with R-Truth tonight was a bit of a low point for him.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

Punk feuding with Curtis Axel is like that one time WWE made The Rock work with Billy Gunn.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts

Back in the old days, the top guys rotated. Yeah Austin was a top guy and then he got hurt and Rock was a top guy and then at one point one of them turned and Angle was a top guy for a while. Didn't mean the feuds were less important but they took turns to keep the title fresh. Hell Survivor Series 2000, neither the Rock or Austin were fighting for the title. Nobody bitched about it back then. In fact, from September through Wrestlemania 17, aside from the Armageddon HIAC and a random Raw match, Austin did not get a title match. Rock went 4 months without a title match (not counting the December feud). The fall/winter months are and usually should be used to try and mix things up and that is what they are doing right now. Punk WILL be back in the title picture as early as January possibly.
Punk hasn't had a title match since February, that's 8 months. Not that it would matter if he was doing something interesting. The Punk-Heyman/Lesnar feud was great, the Heyman/Axel feud was average but you can understand why they would want to give Punk the win back, but that's where it should have ended and at this point it's just become a chore. Punk hasn't feuded or interacted with anyone apart from Heyman since returning at Payback four months ago, it's stale as fuck. I couldn't care less if he eventually 'gets his hands on Heyman', I just want it to be over and both parties to move on to other things.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
The storyline just seems like Heyman is making Punk jealous by flirting with Ryback, but really Heyman and Punk want to have hatesex

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

Punk hasn't had a title match since February, that's 8 months. Not that it would matter if he was doing something interesting. The Punk-Heyman/Lesnar feud was great, the Heyman/Axel feud was average but you can understand why they would want to give Punk the win back, but that's where it should have ended and at this point it's just become a chore. Punk hasn't feuded or interacted with anyone apart from Heyman since returning at Payback four months ago, it's stale as fuck. I couldn't care less if he eventually 'gets his hands on Heyman', I just want it to be over and both parties to move on to other things.
Well he was out for 3 of those months so it's more like 5 months. He will get a title shot in January. I am a big Punk fan too and I'm not freaking out

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Well, if Cena wins or even gets anywhere near the WHC, Punk can be on SD again as well, and SD May boom the fuck up. I must say thou, this feud has 2 very interesting people in it which has allowed it to continue so long which is good.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
ha ha how they think they still need to rely on Cena...man the guys in the back must be so pissed that one of their spots is gone again...and tonight they had Punk team with R Truth? wow, that's a low blow, and Rhodes and DB teamed up? so you take two guys with momentum and team them up together? DB got the hot tag and kept his shit going, and Rhodes didn't get the win or anything, he was on the ground at the end of it and then got beat down by the Shield....so they took Cody's momentum last night and had it vaporized tonight....I don't understand this booking shit at all LOL

1 - 20 of 45 Posts