Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of these loser smarks talking big about how they are going to stop watching because a lowly jobber has tainted their holy WWE World Title. This is actually a great sign for Vince and Co. They have elicited the emotional reaction that they've so often failed at providing since the end of the Attitude Era.

It's actually very similar to when certain shocking events went down on Game of Thrones at the end of Season 1,3, and 5. Tons of people were saying they would never watch again. What actually happened? Ratings went through the roof.

Obviously if they drop the ball with the MAHARAJA that won't happen. But they have a great chance to get new eyes on the product. Now they need to deliver with hot storylines and characters going forward.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I don't really see how it's a good sign. That's a bad thing.

Still, I don't believe that many people relative to the total viewership will stop watching. A few hundred, maybe a few thousand.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
I think they already elicited that kind of reaction when they constantly pushed Reigns despite him being rejected, though that was completely the opposite of what they wanted of course.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
I'm convinced people like OP didn't even go through first grade because they obviously are foreign to the most basic of mathematics.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Obviously if they drop the ball with the MAHARAJA that won't happen. But they have a great chance to get new eyes on the product. Now they need to deliver with hot storylines and characters going forward.
You know that the eyes that come off the product aren't replaced by new ones, right? People who are leaving are leaving. People aren't coming to the product anymore and that's going to be doubly true when people ask to see great clips or matches of Jinder's on YT/DM/Network and people can't provide anything. But it pissed off smarks, so yayyyyyy, amirite?

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Once upon a time I never thought that I'd see the desperation and stupidity of the hardcore Roman marks that like to think that they know other people's minds better than the person themselves as pertaining to why they boo him ever be topped. I was wrong. I've now just read that people tuning out of the show is a good thing because potential viewers they haven't even gotten to yet MIGHT watch. Congrats Jinder marks.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,197 Posts
Week to week ratings don't matter much, and a small bunch of people not watching because of Jinder won't matter much. What will matter is if they continue to decrease on their overall television ratings annually, so much so that when time comes to have to renegotiate a new television deal (a huge chunk of their revenue), they might be stuck with accepting a smaller in capital deal due to it. When that happens, then they'll be an issue, and we are heading down that road.

So people not watching in general is NOT a good sign.

Reactions: Rick Sanchez

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm convinced people like OP didn't even go through first grade because they obviously are foreign to the most basic of mathematics.
Here's some math even a mental midget like you can understand.

Losing 3 butthurt smarks, plus gaining 5 casuals and/or former fans who will tune in because something really interesting just happened means more viewers, not less.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Someone should open Raw tonight by killing a puppy in the ring. That'd get an emotional response, which is always a good thing, right OP?

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know that the eyes that come off the product aren't replaced by new ones, right? People who are leaving are leaving. People aren't coming to the product anymore and that's going to be doubly true when people ask to see great clips or matches of Jinder's on YT/DM/Network and people can't provide anything. But it pissed off smarks, so yayyyyyy, amirite?
People don't come to the product to see MOAR great matches. They come for great characters and storylines. Something smarks like you don't understand.

Reactions: snail69

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Week to week ratings don't matter much, and a small bunch of people not watching because of Jinder won't matter much. What will matter is if they continue to decrease on their overall television ratings annually, so much so that when time comes to have to renegotiate a new television deal (a huge chunk of their revenue), they might be stuck with accepting a smaller in capital deal due to it. When that happens, then they'll be an issue, and we are heading down that road.

So people not watching in general is NOT a good sign.
That's why they took a chance on Jinder. They think he can help build the ratings back up. Only time will tell whether that is right or not. What is abundantly clear is that doing the same old shit they've been doing for 10 years is NOT working.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
People don't come to the product to see MOAR great matches. They come for great characters and storylines. Something smarks like you don't understand.
Yes. All "smarks" hate great storylines and characters.

Ok then.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Congrats on missing my point. I didn't even say exclusively matches. I mentioned "clips" because of those "great characters and storylines" you mention. There's nothing there from him. He hasn't provided them. He won't provide them. If anything, a fan that's kind of interested in Jinder will look into his past and realize he was portrayed as a complete joke and become disinterested.

Anyhow, that's my last reply to your troll thread because nobody is obtuse enough to think people leaving is a good thing.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,127 Posts
Yes. All "smarks" hate great storylines and characters.

Ok then.
Yep, I just don't get why we can't just enjoy the wrestling, storylines, and characters. They all matter in their own way. It doesn't need to be about which quality matters more over the other :shrug

1 - 20 of 80 Posts