Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night i was watching SmackDown with my cousin and during the segment with Reigns, Miz and Maryse, he said: "Reigns is so much better now that he is not trying to be the good guy, just a conpetitor" and later after the brawl with AJ Styles he said "Definitely Reigns is more watchable now than he ever was, but still need to improve some things."

Today i woke up thinking about it and now I'm wondering: If Reigns become heel people will cheer for him?

We live in an era where the villains have more support than the good guys.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Good question. I will boo him in any form heel or face. At least being a heel it would make sense. I boo him now because we all know he is being pushed because of his look/ family. Certainly is not for his in ring skills, charisma, or mic skills.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
I think a lot of people will still boo him, but i think the boos will ease up a bit because he will at least be coming across a lot more naturally, and he won't be in the generic face role which a lot of people dislike him for. People will still have their opinions on his promos and wrestling ability but a heel run would do wonders for Reigns for sure, his chances of actually getting over as a face will at least increase if he does have a run as a clear cut bad guy.

It also largely depends on who he'd be going up against. Put him against someone like Cesaro, Zayn, Ambrose etc. i still think Reigns would be booed by the majority.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
He needs to improve his skills, a heel turn will not magically make him better. If he can cut good promos and be legit badass then he will be great, but until that happens and when WWE stops riding him he is still going to get X Pac heat.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
Some of them maybe yes, but people in general would fear he's gonna be the next Cena after turning face again, so I think they'd react accordingly.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
Making him a more realistic, flawed character will make him more popular. He shouldn't have to do a heel turn for that to happen but sadly he seems to need to.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,374 Posts
It'd help him, everything about Reigns right now would be better as a heel. WWE have butchered his face run, embrace the boos and go from there.

And Reigns being picked for his look is no different than the guys that HHH picks to succeed from NXT. Its still booking someone above all others because someone in power likes them.

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Maryse returned?!?! Lol. Sorry had no idea. Loved her in her intial run. Reigns more liked as heel? He would be better. How much though? Not much. Hes a midcarder cum Main Eventer. No different to Ryback in 2012 he had that big Me push. Now look at him. Reigns is different clearly. I watch Wwe with my mum..And my Mums why dont you like him. Hes cool. Like Mum you dont get it lol. Reigns = Diesel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts