Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Halo Infinite | Forums | Halo - Official Site

www.reddit.com/r/halo

Your thoughts on this? There are many people saying the graphics don't look that good for an Xbox Series X title. Do you think the graphics or gameplay looks bad?

I honestly think the graphics do look outdated. A major reason for buying a new console (like the Xbox Series X) is seeing an obvious upgrade in graphics. But to me, it's hard to see much difference between this demo and previous Halo titles.

Do you think Halo Infinite will be a major flop?

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
It looked as good as Halo 5, but not more. I think Infinite can hold up and look that good all the time, like with frame rate and ray tracing (idk, I'm talking out my ass), then it will be "better" than last gen. Having a large open world looking that good, without load times or frame rate drop, cut in/out issues, is something to boot. They should have mentioned that rather than just let a dude shoot for 8 minutes. It will be on gamepass at launch and that's a big draw. they should have focused on the open world aspect, go anywhere, grappling hook, story. All they showed us was expected.

I've not been someone who worries about graphics. halo 4 is as good of graphics as I need.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't think Infinite will be a flop since Xbox 1st party titles are now so entwined with the value proposition of GamePass, but its hard to see it not being disappointing to fans when it comes out. It is being shit on left and right. The biggest meme coming out of this is the Brute face:

Even the Digital Foundry guys are shitting on it:

Yeah it will do pretty good.. especially if Master Chief in Super Smash Bros does happen.. it would certainly give it a boost.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
Well if they're aiming for 4k/60fps of course its not gonna look as good. Hitting that mark is very demanding that I dont think alot of gamers understand.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well if they're aiming for 4k/60fps of course its not gonna look as good. Hitting that mark is very demanding that I dont think alot of gamers understand.
The main issue is alot of people are content with games they already have and therefore arent really looking to buy new games.. let alone new gen consoles and COVID played a huge part in this

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,111 Posts
The problem is it didn't look next-gen. If this came out for the Xbox One Launch, then sure, but even then I've seen better looking games being pumped out on current gen. I'm not one of those people that is crazy about graphics but even I was like: "This is the new Halo?"

The gun models look odd, there is pop-in, the character models look really bad. Something didn't look right with it. One thing I did like is the combat.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,185 Posts
I thought it looked liked shit too, and I don't even care about graphics. How is this game supposed to sell next gen consoles? If you have an Xbone elite would you upgrade to X for this? Hell, I wouldn't upgrade from an S for this.

Is this the result of making games compatible for 3 different system specs? Are all Xbone games going to be neutered to run on S's?

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
They said Avowed, Forza, and Fable will be next gen only...

...days after stating ALL first party would be cross gen for a few years.

I'm glad they are not cross gen, but damn, get your PR shit together.

·
17,185 Posts
They said Avowed, Forza, and Fable will be next gen only...

...days after stating ALL first party would be cross gen for a few years.

I'm glad they are not cross gen, but damn, get your PR shit together.
I knew they were full of shit, why even promise something like that? None of that "modular console, never have to upgrade again" bullshit ever made sense in the first place.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
Apparently the demo they showed at the "Xbox" show was running on PC, not the Xbox Series X.

·
17,185 Posts
Apparently the demo they showed at the "Xbox" show was running on PC, not the Xbox Series X.
I think that makes it worse, they can say that PC was series X spec'd but they often use more powerful PC's to make sure they don't encounter any hiccups while showing games.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
people are dissapointed with the size of their dicks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts