Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think were some of the best moments of Big Bossman's career? I haven't seen all of it other than a bit of his run as Big Bubba in WCW. But I hope to come across something that'll top the silliness of his feuds with Al Snow and Big Show. They were legendary.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Probably his run in the late 80's/early 90's? Not as familiar with his original WWF run than I am with the '98-'99 version of Bossman, but he seemed to be much more of an important figure back then. Wrestled against & teamed with Hogan on occasions & even had a brand new character created in Nailz just to feud with him. From what I've seen, people were pretty happy about the fact he turned into a babyface circa 1990. That's a decent amount of gravitas.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Hulk Hogan feud and his face turn. Hogan feud drew shockingly well and he got huge payoffs despite still being relatively new to wrestling. Then he went on to become one of the more over guys in the WWF as a face.

Hogan cage match is still really good imo. I also enjoyed his feud with The Mountie.

He was entertaining as Jim Cornette's bodyguard but still very green then.

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
Late 80's/Early 90's when he was working with Hogan on top in PPV angles, doesn't get much bigger than that

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Definately 88-90.

He came in as a top heel and feuded with Hogan and Savage in several main evebts. Either solo or tagging with Akeem.

He was still popular the rest of his career. But he never really got to be a main eventer ever again.

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
As far as relevance, feuding and teaming with Hogan. As was usually the case in the mid 80s - early 90s.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Definately 88-90.

He came in as a top heel and feuded with Hogan and Savage in several main evebts. Either solo or tagging with Akeem.

He was still popular the rest of his career. But he never really got to be a main eventer ever again.
Just last night I watched on YouTube Akeem v hogan with Bossman interfering whilst savage was backstage ... they don’t make em like they used to.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,841 Posts
Not necessarily his peak, but if you’d like to see a fun and underrated match, check out Rockers/Twin Towers from WrestleMania V. Classic Boss Man, great Michaels and Janetty work, and one of the most vicious clotheslines in wrestling history.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I was at that show! Let me tell you, that was the most awkward, unbelievable moment I've experienced in a crowd watching any sort of show or sport or concert or anything else. It was 20,000 people all silently wondering "What the fuck did I just see?" without having to say it out loud.
Haha I've always wondered if Vince's intention was to actually kill the Bossman on-screen. I don't remember the storyline before the match or the aftermath, but it's so surreal to see this image. Did you see parents placing their hands over the children's eyes when this happened because its the sort of thing that would give you nightmares as a kid?

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,841 Posts
Haha I've always wondered if Vince's intention was to actually kill the Bossman on-screen. I don't remember the storyline before the match or the aftermath, but it's so surreal to see this image. Did you see parents placing their hands over the children's eyes when this happened because its the sort of thing that would give you nightmares as a kid?
If I remember correctly, Boss Man was back on TV in no time flat without any mention of having been, you know LYNCHED AT WRESTLEMANIA. As for the crowd reaction, I was in high school at the time, so my focus was more on finding a way to get someone of age to buy me a beer than on how the rugrats reacted to the would-be execution of a grown man before their very eyes.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Apart from his initial heel run in WWF it has to be his 9 name changes in about a year in the 90's.
He always had fun promos. Some of the shit he cut on WWF superstars were always solid.
I was at that show! Let me tell you, that was the most awkward, unbelievable moment I've experienced in a crowd watching any sort of show or sport or concert or anything else. It was 20,000 people all silently wondering "What the fuck did I just see?" without having to say it out loud.
Lucky you. 99 was my fav year ever. Def jealous of ya.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Has to be when he stole Big Show's Dad's casket lol.

Reactions: Brad Boyd
1 - 20 of 34 Posts