Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I put a single blank disc in the computer, it doesn't recognise it.

The DVD-RAM Drive (E:) stays the same & nothing happens, as if nothing has been put into the drive. This has been fairly frequent the last week or so, but does work on occasion. With trying the last 10 discs, one has work & they are all from the same pack so I assume it's nothing wrong with the DVDs themselves.

Regular DVDs are recognised, aswell as those I've previously recorded myself onto DVD-R Discs included the one I made within the last couple of hours.

I have googled the problem and came across a number of solutions including deleting Nero; Properties > Disable recording, Apply > Re-enable recordings, Reapply; Simply restarting the computer a lot of times and general checking and rechecking things I think could be at fault.

I am useless on computers, I really only use them for music, the internet, & burning DVDs so any information you may need I may not be able to acces :confused: The DVD burner is built into the computer, and as I say has worked very well in the past and is still working the odd time.

I really dont understand and even though I dont neccessarily need any recordings doing at the moment, it is annoying me to think that I actually don't know what the problem is, nor what has caused it.

Rep, and gratitude for any help! Thank you very much :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would recommend running the Microsoft little Mr.Fixit tool. It scans your system for possible problems and one of the problems it can resolve is CD/DVD drive issues. I've seen your problem before and it tends to be a registry key has been tampered or altered usually by disc software that over rides another.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems
Thanks, man. Especially for going s'far as the find the link for me. It's massively appreciated even if it doesn't work for me. Fingers crossed it will!! :)

Hey I have same problem with my Sony DVD RW. the rw not recognise any blank CD as well as DVD. and work only some DVD so I just give it to sony service center and they give me new RW and now it work fine. so I suggest you to connect your nearest service center.
Hey man, my comp isn't that old but it isn't under any form of guarantee anymore. When I say it's not that old, it's 5 years old but it still in very good condition and works flawlessly (to my knowlege,) apart from this DVD problem. I could ring one of the providers for help but any form of replacement I think is out of the question. Thanks a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts