Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I go to log on my computer and it says incorrect password. Even though it's the correct password. I'm on windows 8 I think because I've nevertheless updated it. I bought a USB stick and it says it's not the password reset stick. Is there any way I can just reboot my pc when it's firing. Up?

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Not the best place to ask for computer advice is it xD

Anyway, have you tried using your installation disc, getting into command prompt and running commands to change your pw or reset it?

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Do you have a second user on the account? You can go into that user and change the password for the other one if it has rights to do so.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Did you try resetting it in Safe Mode and seeing if you can change password from there?

·
Premium Member
17,151 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
If nothing else works you may have to do a factory reset. Sadly you'll lose everything you have on the PC (minus the pre-installed software) so make sure you only do this as a last resort.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
While we're all here on computer topics, Graphics cards....

Is this good? (MSI GeForce GTX 1650 DirectX 12 GTX 1650 D6 Ventus XS OC 4GB 128-Bit GDDR6 )? I'm getting a strong CPU for video editing, then gaming second. I'm fine with a lower graphics card in this price range, to upgrade later in life.
Couldn't you have started a new thread instead of doing this on a 4 year old one? lol

What sort of benchmarks are you hoping to get and what games do you plan on playing?

·
Premium Member
17,151 Posts
Couldn't you have started a new thread instead of doing this on a 4 year old one? lol

What sort of benchmarks are you hoping to get and what games do you plan on playing?
It's not my fault!

Someone bumped the thread but got banned and the post was deleted. Anyways I bought a desktop over the weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a second user account for when such things happen. Still better than nothing. You should check registry software from time to time and run a registry scan to identify and to get rid of all the errors and bugs. I do it every month or so, and I think it helps. I have never experienced this issue though, but you should try to reset your computer in safe mode and something has to change. You should also consider a second user because these things happen often, si it's better to have an alternative.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts