Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another thing that will eventually go the way of the dodo bird.

Can you even remember the last time you used a pay phone? I'm not sure that I do. I've had a cell phone for well over 10 years. If I had to guess, I'd say it was early 2000's when I last used a pay phone; maybe even longer ago.

Have any of you used a pay phone recently? If not, how long has it been? Do you think they should remain or be gotten rid of?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I've used pay phones three times in the last couple of months. Mobile runs out of battery, need to make a phone call often to get picked up from somewhere, pay phones were there for me.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,830 Posts
Pre mobile phones, pay phones were the way.

Popping down to the quarry for a game of Wembley doubles and we'd all meet by the pay phones and then get hold of everybody. People would even ring the pay phone to get hold of us.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
Yeah, I'm drawing a serious blank. lol but I have used it on multiple occasions. I'm pretty sure they're in the entrance of all malls still.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
I used one legitimately a couple of weeks back to make a call.

I don't make out calls on my cell phone therefore it never has calling credit. If anyone needs me enough they call me and I have a home phone at the house if I need to call anyone back. On the very rare occasions that I'm out and desperately need to talk to someone I just use a pay phone.

I do think that in 5-10 years they will be very rare to see though. I remember back in the early 2000's there were tons of them and now you only really see them in big cities.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,743 Posts
The only time I used a payphone was when CP and I went to see a movie and I had to call my mom to pick us up. I think this was like 10 or so years ago

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
2009 was the last time I remember using a pay phone. I actually didn't get my first cell phone until the summer of 2010. Never really had an interest in getting one until then. Now a days I barely leave house without my cell and I have a car charger sitting in my car just in case it dies. Up until I got my first cell phone. If I really needed to make a phone call, I used a pay phone quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
Was thinking about this the other day, then went to a store and saw a payphone. It was in pristine condition from lack of use. Payphones used to be nasssssty before everyone and their brother had a personal cell phone. As far as the last time I used a payphone...probably '99-ish.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
I've never used a pay phone for two reasons.

1) I can't remember a time, when I would have needed it, when cell phones weren't around

2) They're pay phones. Might as well rub a used snot rag on your face if you're gonna use them :jay

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts