Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you prefer the original ones like, No Mercy, Armageddon, Backlash etc...

or

Breaking Point, Fatal Four Way, Hell In A Cell etc.....

I hate the new names think they are cheesey and ruin the specialty matches because there are more than one they rush them ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
:( I miss Backlash. My favourite PPV of all time.
Me too. Backlash & No Way Out were my favorites

I despise the dumbed-down new names. I really don't need the name of the PPV to be "Elimination Chamber" to remember that there will be an elimination chamber.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I actually prefer the In Your House PPV names that were specific to the event. It makes it a lot easier to remember what happened that night. "Backlash 2002" - couldn't tell you a match without looking it up. "No Way Out of Texas" - "Canadian Stampede" - "St. Valentine's Day Massacre"... those are pretty memorable to me and I remember the main events immediately.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I'd prefer they use some WCW and ECW PPV names - e.g Living Dangerously ,Halloween Havoc and Starrcade.And bring back the King of the Ring!

·
Registered
9,306 Posts

I despise the dumbed-down new names. I really don't need the name of the PPV to be "Elimination Chamber" to remember that there will be an elimination chamber.
THIS.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I know No Way Out is the same now, but dammit I loved that name

·
Registered
128 Posts
Royal Rumble
No Way Out
Wrestlemania
Backlash
Judgment Day
Bad Blood
The Great American Bash
Vengeance
Summerslam
Unforgiven
No Mercy
Survivor Series
Armageddon

^^Should only be these. Nothing else. :cool:

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
The new PPV names are absolutely retarded. Hearing somebody try to cut a badass promo and then add in 'I'll see you at Tables, Ladders, and Chairs' sounds ridiculous.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Royal Rumble
No Way Out
Wrestlemania
Backlash
Judgment Day
Bad Blood
The Great American Bash
Vengeance
Summerslam
Unforgiven
No Mercy
Survivor Series
Armageddon

^^Should only be these. Nothing else. :cool:
Totally agree. We don't need a PPV named after a gimmick match that is only contested 2 out of the 7 or so matches. Actually we don't need gimmick PPV's period.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I actually prefer the In Your House PPV names that were specific to the event. It makes it a lot easier to remember what happened that night. "Backlash 2002" - couldn't tell you a match without looking it up. "No Way Out of Texas" - "Canadian Stampede" - "St. Valentine's Day Massacre"... those are pretty memorable to me and I remember the main events immediately.
Me too and from a marketing point of view I think it would be great to bring that back. It would allow WWE to advertise PPVs months ahead (which they do already) without giving away too much information about the card in advance and prevent them from falling into creative traps (does anyone really believe Orton/Sheamus should've been a HIAC match?)

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Breaking Point is an awesome name coupled with an awesome concept. Shame they got rid of that.

Backlash, Armageddon, No Mercy etc. are cool, but Breaking Point~! is an awesome name for an event.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Of the new names/concepts, Bragging Rights isn't bad, but it's held at the wrong time of year. Bragging Rights should be moved to April or May; there are frequently inter-brand tensions boiling after WrestleMania, so April/May is perfect for Bragging Rights. Instead, they put it RIGHT BEFORE the only other PPV on the calendar that features team elimination matches (Survivor Series). Who thought that was a great idea? Scrap Over the Limit, keep Extreme Rules in April, and move Bragging Rights to May.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

And the fact that it's overkill when you get 2 or even 3 of the same type of match in one night.

I much preferred it when a Hell in a Cell match, for instance, was the last resort and chosen only for feuds that really needed it. Not just as the match type for whatever title feud is on in Spetember. Same goes for the Elimination Chamber, having these matches being set in stone as only being at these PPV's really lessens the surprise and even the build up to them.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
Out of the new ones i like breaking point and over the limit but still wish we had the old ones back.

But thats progress for you!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts