Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching some old WCW promo's and stumbled upon this Paul Orndorff/Gary Spivey promo that I think I watched:

I've also seen bits of his feuds with Piper and Hogan and later Pillman. I don't really get what was so great about him? How would you sum up the career of Orndorff and what should I watch to get a sense of how good he was.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
LOL I forgot about this, but I remember it now that you posted that video. So cheesy, but yet entertaining. This also reminds me of that goofy elbow drop Orndorff used to do in WCW. I think it was the inspiration for the Rock's People's Elbow.

Orndorff's best work was IMO the Great Betrayal angle where he turned on Hogan in a tag match. The lead up to that was what got me into the feud which was also feud of the year for PWI.

Orndorff is also a legit tough guy too. He had a reputation of going psycho in real fights he had with guys like Tony Atlas and Vader.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Orndorff's best work was IMO the Great Betrayal angle where he turned on Hogan in a tag match. The lead up to that was what got me into the feud which was also feud of the year for PWI.
The resulting steel-cage match is probably one of my favorites from Hulkster. Love the finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts