Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing seeing @WWEusos ... remember, I haven't been around for half a decade ... The last time I saw these two, they were little kids doing splashes off the top rope in the Omni before the show when I managed their Dad. Yes, that makes me old, but I recognize TALENT. @WWEusos are talented. Time for these young Samoans to eat up the competition!"

What an endorsement

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
The Usos are a genuine tag team in today's WWE, which is a rare thing. Not to mention, they're fun to watch. It's a shame that they should be one of the focal points of Smackdown's midcard, defending or chasing the tag belts, and instead they're left on the undercard for no good reason. WWE are squandering so much good talent, it's a shame.

·
Registered
603 Posts
See, somebody finally realizes that. Its a shame WWE management can't seem to and would rather put the belts on random teams like Kofi and Truth, despite The Usos getting more and more over

In before a bunch of smarks come in and say the usos "cant wrestle" and are boring though. Lmao

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Paul Heyman sees talent if only WWE management saw the same the Usos would be main eventing right now as a huge tag team

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
The Usos should have been the top heel team of the WWE the moment they debuted on RAW with Tamina. That feud with the Hart Dynasty had SO much potential but the WWE doesn't care about tag teams or their nonexistent division.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Paul Heyman is clearly biased by personal relationships OR he hasn't actually been following the product and is blowing smoke. The Usos might have the worst mic skills in the entire WWE and they're sloppy wrestlers who look terrible most of the time. They're basically "popular" because of family lineage and the fact that being related somehow makes them a more "real/genuine/legit" tag team.

I have to conclude that the people who think the Usos are great have never actually heard them speak during a show.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I like them too, they're great. I think a lot of people like them.

The only problem is, how do you book them? WWE doesn't have a reasonable tag scene for them to exist in.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I've always liked the Uso's but there's a few key problems with them at the moment

1) They can't seem to connect with the audience and are failing to establish themselves as a proper team to be recognised.

2) They're in a company that seems to have no plans to establish a tag-team division, so their very existence is lacking meaning and reason in kayfabe terms.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Paul Heyman is clearly biased by personal relationships OR he hasn't actually been following the product and is blowing smoke. The Usos might have the worst mic skills in the entire WWE and they're sloppy wrestlers who look terrible most of the time. They're basically "popular" because of family lineage and the fact that being related somehow makes them a more "real/genuine/legit" tag team.

I have to conclude that the people who think the Usos are great have never actually heard them speak during a show.
The Hardys and Too Cool had no mic skills. Being able to cut a good promo is only really essential for upper-midcard singles competitors, and even then there are exceptions. As long as they have a team with good mic skills to work with they could be pretty successful.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Oh well their Samoan and we all know WWE is either racist or too keen on who they wanna push to recognize the guys on the roster that are good enough for it but are still stuck working dark matches, Superstars, and NXT night after night instead while a guy like Brodus Clay with equal talent blossoms.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,531 Posts
When did he manage Rikishi?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
The Hardys and Too Cool had no mic skills. Being able to cut a good promo is only really essential for upper-midcard singles competitors, and even then there are exceptions. As long as they have a team with good mic skills to work with they could be pretty successful.
But why push a team that isn't good at anything? As much as I want to like the Usos, they're the weakest team in the company right now. The only team that can't wrestle circles around them would be Titus/Young, but even Titus/Young have better characters/mic skills/chemistry at the moment. Every other team has better mic skills. The Usos don't even possess natural chemistry with each other.

This really comes down to people assuming the Usos are great because of family lineage. The only other thing the Usos have going for them right now is that every other actual tag team (I'm excluding the current champs for the moment) are heels.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Hope WWE takes notice. Should be tag champs, but hopefully around the time the tag division is top notch.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If they were actually given a chance to feud with Truth/Kofi or Titus/Young it would be pretty cool. None of them are lightweight workers, but all are pretty agile. Could be a new type of tag team model.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts