Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul Heyman took to Twitter today and said he and Brock Lesnar have been informed that there will be no rematch from new WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins.

He wrote, "My client #BrockLesnar and I have been apprised "no rematch will be granted" against WWE's Universal Heavyweight Champion #SethRollins!!! We find this decision to be arbitrary and patently unfair!"

As noted, Rollins will return to RAW tonight as a two-time Universal Champion. There's no word yet on when Lesnar will be back in action, or who the next feud for Rollins will be.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/08/paul-heyman-confirms-no-wwe-universal-title-rematch-for-658381/

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,014 Posts
Please let the future challengers be full-timers only.

I'd love for Seth Rollins to face any of the likes of AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens, Andrade, Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn, The Miz, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, and Rey Mysterio for the Universal title.

·
C Mac G
6,151 Posts
They are just going to throw some geek like Drew in there to feud with Rollins and that is NO BUYS.

They have no credible heels outside of Bray and AJ. AJ is the US champion so that's not happening, too quick for Bray, but they could hot shot it(I don't trust this company to build something up well, so might as well go with this now).

Wouldn't be surprised if they somehow go back to Rollins/Corbin tbh.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Well, the match last night felt like the close of the feud. It’s been this long feud going back to RR, and last night’s decisive victory had finality to it. You can easily feed a few guys to Brock and he’ll be fine. One clean loss isn’t going to kill him, especially if they actually tell a story with it - which is obviously an iffy proposition.

The real issue, is there is no one built up on either brand to actually challenge Seth. No one. Strowman, maybe, but they’re not going to do two faces right now. They could go back to AJ, but outside of that? Too early for Bray. Drew has been cooled down significantly. Andrade would provide a great match, but he has no heat.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Judging from the matches named tonight it really doesn't leave many challengers. The most likely scenario is an open challenge type deal with Gargano answering. Workrate marks can all cum themselves.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
*sigh*

Paul Heyman took to Twitter today and said he and Brock Lesnar have been informed that there will be no rematch from new WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins.

He wrote, "My client #BrockLesnar and I have been apprised "no rematch will be granted" against WWE's Universal Heavyweight Champion #SethRollins!!! We find this decision to be arbitrary and patently unfair!"

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
46 Posts
Honestly, I wish Brock had the balls and testosterone to have one more successful UFC run without getting caught juicing, or just not juicing period.

It's the only way to launch him ONE LAST TIME into the OVER spectrum and get some asses in the seats. He isn't the only guy that needs to put asses in the seats, but he is more of the new aged Macho Man/Undertaker. An attraction who works a limited schedule and is used for WM for the most part. Bret Hart was offered the same role in 1997 but refused as he thought he had 5 more good years in him as the main guy. He thought he was going to be the main guy in WCW.

Macho Man had that role in 1991/1992, until ultimately leaving for WCW because he wanted to wrestle again and be a main guy.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,816 Posts
Bad business paul and it's disrespectful to the LEGEND. If he phoning home to SD then bye bye new day.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Great news, Lesnar had his aura sure but cheapened the belt. Good to see it looks like he could be gone for a long time and not have the title with him.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts