Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im surprised there hasn't been a Paul Bearer thread unless there has been.

It was good to see Paul Bearer last night especially for the nostalgic side in me. I'm sure pure wrestling die hards will not have been a fan of seeing him but I did think it was random and interesting that Paul Bearer should feature after being away for so long.

Im wondering whether it was a one of or Paul Bearer maybe coming back as a manager for Kane or The Undertaker could be returning soon and he may play apart.

It could just be a direct tit for tat with the whole Randy Orton story line and to make Kane look apathetic and cold, but it seems like an effort to bring him back for a 2 min section.

I really hope this doesn't or wont lead to another Kane Vs The Undertaker feud. although im pretty sure there is still one left in them both.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it was to show Kane has no soul and doesn't care about others
I agree, although I would love to see Bearer again - especially if Taker has another match in him, which it sounds like this is the case. I think it's only right to have Bearer close out Taker's career with him, since he was there all along.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
How did he ever get out of the concrete block. That's what I want to know.

Is he definitly dead then?

·
Registered
134 Posts
He'll never definitely die...

·
Banned
212 Posts
Was fucked up, the few days b4 the raw was watching alot of interviews/vids on him then bam hes on raw lol. I swear that shit happens to me all the time(watch/think about some1 then he shows up not just wrestling)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Im pretty sure Paul Bearer has the ability to survive a nuclear blast. haha
He was only their to make kane look like a cold monster.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Bearer is the father of the Undertaker....do you people really doubt that he can't come back from the dead? (kayfabe of course XD)

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Edge was sharing tips with his old tag partner backstage, clearly :p

I'm not sure if we're meant to remember that. Well actually Kane killed him at the end of 2010 so I suppose we're not. Well anyway I did because I'm not a goldfish or five years old, and I guess it was an interesting contrast remembering the unmasked Kane of old that whined and cried for his papa, and the current masked Kane that gave no shits.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I got pretty nervous to see how Kane was gunna react, was he gunna whine and bitch and kill all his momentum so far and turn back into a "human" or keep the ruthless monster thing going.
Thank god he threw Bearer back in the freezer haha

·
Registered
647 Posts
Edge was sharing tips with his old tag partner backstage, clearly :p

I'm not sure if we're meant to remember that. Well actually Kane killed him at the end of 2010 so I suppose we're not. Well anyway I did because I'm not a goldfish or five years old, and I guess it was an interesting contrast remembering the unmasked Kane of old that whined and cried for his papa, and the current masked Kane that gave no shits.
Bingo!

This entire feud with Orton has been built around the contrast in character between the bald headed Kane of 2005-2011* and the masked Kane of 2011-present.

*I still count 2003-2004 Kane as a true monster. Destroying RVD, Shane, burying Taker, crushing HBK's throat, stalking Lita etc...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't see why they needed to follow it up and have Kane take him out of the dry ice room just to put him back in again. At least you could've had him padlock the door or something, it just seemed really dumb.

Unless it was to highlight the new Kane's obsession with cheesy one liners like "I love family reunions," and "You do need saving... from me," in which case well played WWE.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like that they have Bearer show up randomly every once in a while. From what I've read he's a pretty good guy and think his wife was/is battling cancer so probably do it to help him out by putting him on shows here and there. I always "pop" inside when I see him as he has always been entertaining and remember many cool moments watching him as a kid growing up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts