Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what do you guys thing about the Hostage situation of Paul Bearer. I personally thought it was a bit of a old thing to do as Paul has been down this road before except with the Undertaker being the one with Paul. How do you guys think this will unfold? Of course a concrete crypt hasen't been mentioned but the kidnapping part definitely is a deja vu to what happened involving Heyman, The Dudleys and The Undertaker 6 years ago.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,092 Posts
I couldn't help but have a goofy grin on my face during that closing segment. So predictable, so silly, and I loved every second of it and I'm still not sure why.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
It was a good segment, Edge got one over Kane, he needs to play mind-games with him, since that's his only chance (kayfabe-wise). It was played out nicely, they all sold it very well, especially Edge. And even though he has beat Kane clean in the past, it's still an "impossible task", I like the feud.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
The storyline is intertwined because when Paul Bearer came back from this year he technically came back from the dead because he popped out the casket. WWE was showing that they were not oblivious to the Concrete Crypt Match in 2004.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
TBH I couldn't stop laughing at Bearer's face expressions throughout the entire thing. As for the concrete thing, after they did that match, WWE.com issued a statement to say he was removed from the concrete and is in hospital with severe injuries (complaints of seeing a live murder from viewers).

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
The Concrete Crypt Match was probably the worst main event I've ever seen (and that covers a lot of ground). Nothing about the match makes any kind of sense, so no, please don't do that again. No, just no.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Concrete Crypt Match was probably the worst main event I've ever seen (and that covers a lot of ground). Nothing about the match makes any kind of sense, so no, please don't do that again. No, just no.
Well I agree but the only thing that made sense to me through the match was why The Undertaker buried Paul in the Concrete. He knew Paul would always be the undertakers weakness, others would use Paul to get to the Undertaker and use that weakness to beat him, so he buried Paul so the Undertaker would have no weakness. It definitely was a strange storyline and I agree that I hope they don't go down that road. As for the live murder complaints, people have to be bloody idiots to believe it was all real and Paul was actually "Killed", I swear it astounds me that some people can't separate Wrestling storylines from real life.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just felt bad for Paul Bearer seeing his very overweight body all tied up and his face is all flabby while he tries to act, then i heard at the burried alive match he couldnt even make it up the steps. Cant say I ever liked him but he was a cool character in his time. but enough is enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts